First Field Test Hunt with the Deteknix Quest Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proper ending to a digger company's folly. Maybe they will just stick to the digger line now.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deee-Fectiive! :thumbsup:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the video MDG...good stuff. Seemed to calm down at 3:10 when ya smacked it. Almost as if something is loose on the cable or the internals of the unit.

I don't remember the German guys channel having chatter issues like that when he placed it up against the Deus. Something is obviously wrong with this one.

Really wanted to like this machine...terrible they let this out the door like this.

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Thanks for the video MDG...good stuff. Seemed to calm down at 3:10 when ya smacked it. Almost as if something is loose on the cable or the internals of the unit.

I don't remember the German guys channel having chatter issues like that when he placed it up against the Deus. Something is obviously wrong with this one.

Really wanted to like this machine...terrible they let this out the door like this.

Thanks! I agree and will be opening this up later and seeing what's going on inside. I also was very excited about this machine. However this machine is getting pushed to the back burner as there are other videos I would like to spend my time on.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen enough of the Quest Pro to know I'll stay with what I have. Thanks for the (painful) video, MDG. My heart goes out to your well intended efforts.

Deteknix needs to go back to the R&D department and delay production for a few months.

Or maybe include a stabilizer with each unit:
18wznyj1mnf8.jpg

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the European tests/vids of the unit similar? Are they as honest in their assessment as MDG?!?

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This video link not working for me

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry I feel it was a bit too harsh.....

Maybe. But you are an experienced detectorist with an array of detectors, and had every right to call 'em as you see 'em. If anybody needed to see that video, it was Deteknix, IMO.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MDG, you did good. No whitewash, which gains respect.

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, CZ-21, V3i, VX3, Deus, BHID 300, Coinmaster GT, MX5, Ace 150, Ace 250, Gtax 1000, MXT Pro
Thanks guys....But I might of went over board a bit....and I might only be saying this due to some recent threats I might of received....however this video might be available on my website.

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
Maybe. But you are an experienced detectorist with an array of detectors, and had every right to call 'em as you see 'em. If anybody needed to see that video, it was Deteknix, IMO.
Thanks...I am pretty sure Deteknix saw it....;)

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I commented on your video on YouTube. Just to be clear I was calling the detector a turd not you MDG.
But to be honest I would of sent that thing back the moment you unwrapped it.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
metaldetectorguy

metaldetectorguy

Feb 21, 2011
SouthSide
Detector(s) used
I commented on your video on YouTube. Just to be clear I was calling the detector a turd not you MDG.
But to be honest I would of sent that thing back the moment you unwrapped it.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
haha it's all good Chris I have been called much worse! But thanks I didn't think you were calling me a turd, but I was called other things today by a certain D someone . Jus Sayin' ;)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha it's all good Chris I have been called much worse! But thanks I didn't think you were calling me a turd, but I was called other things today by a certain D someone . Jus Sayin' ;)

I would say that if this D someone was a member or possibly a sponsor here, those messages should be forwarded to TPTB, as they would rightly deserve to have their membership revoked.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys....But I might of went over board a bit....and I might only be saying this due to some recent threats I might of received....however this video might be available on my website.

Threats??!!? Now you REALLY have my interest!

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow just wow. ET phone home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions