First Fifty Cent Coin

shojo510

Jun 16, 2013
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Scorpion Stinger, White's XLT, Sovereign XS, Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took the New Gold Bug Pro out for it's first run on a Tot Lot Last night...

Included in the 2 bucks of clad...Pulled my first Fifty Cent Coin and a Wheatie out of the chips from under the swings. Looks like the wheatie might have been there a while, On edge about 4" into the sand, under about 5" of chips. I've gone over that area many times with the XLT not sure how I could have missed that??

At the time of discovery, Was using 100 percent sensitivity in VCO with a 60 split tone setting, nulling 40 and under.

All in all The GBP seems to be pretty nice, I did wish it had a lighted display though ;-)

Also the 48' Wheatie seems to have an odd grouping on the date and mint mark. The "D" and the "4" is a little crooked and close together, maybe it's just the way this mintage was?

HH

John

IMG_1202.JPG IMG_1203.JPG IMG_1204.JPG

Upvote 2
OP
OP
S

shojo510

Jun 16, 2013
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Scorpion Stinger, White's XLT, Sovereign XS, Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, never seen the 50 euro coin before.

Thanks Joe, I hadn't seen one yet either. There seem to be 12 or so different varieties, designated by country of Origen. This 50c is from Belgium which has a profile of King Albert II and the crown over an A on the Obverse or national side.

-John

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Joe, I hadn't seen one yet either. There seem to be 12 or so different varieties, designated by country of Origen. This 50c is from Belgium which has a profile of King Albert II and the crown over an A on the Obverse or national side.

-John

Cool did not know there were so many varieties of the 50 euro or other euro,s for that matter.
Good to know, ( for some reason)....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!
Haven't seen that fifty cent piece yet either.

hostagedk

Feb 12, 2014
PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, nice finds. Yeah I have never seen a 50 euro either or any other euro. Good job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread