First find ever-Thanks Tnet!

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been visiting this site for a few months now and enjoy it greatly and visit every day.
Seeing everyones finds gets me exited, and because of this and all of the other helpfull information I have finally become one of the elite and have picked up a detector. I was out right after work yesterday, went to visit my mom and try my luck in her yard. I hunted for a little over three hours, and It is definitely not as easy as I thought it would be, but I can tell that I am already starting to learn my machine. Thanks to the information I have gotten here on TNET I definitely feel like I have a leg up on the learning curve. I found quite a bit of trash at first, but right before I quit for the day I got my first keeper. It is a 1945 wheat penny, not much I know, but I got to feel what the happy dance feels like! That little old penny sure picked my spirits up.

My right bicep is a little sore this morning, but what the heck, gonna head out to the fairgrounds before it gets hot.
Thanks again Tnet for getting me motivated enough to just do it!

Upvote 0

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Keep swinging that detector. Your bicep will be like Arnold's in no time!
Congrats on the first find. You're on your way to a trove of things. Good luck at the fairgrounds.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Won't take long to get the arm conditioned. HH, Mike

garthbfan169

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the form and good deal on your first finds!! It'll be even more fun and happy dances as you get to know your machine. :headbang:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the UK & good luck :icon_thumright:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME to TNET :occasion14: congrats on your first find ,happy hunting .

PS heres a lil Happy Dance 4 ya an atreasure chest to start filling :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• image006.gif
    image006.gif
    239 KB · Views: 617
  • 151.gif
    151.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 568
  • image006.gif
    image006.gif
    239 KB · Views: 620
  • 151.gif
    151.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 567

mighty_mace

Jun 29, 2007
Schuylkill County, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, I know where you are coming from...I have been visiting this site for awhile, just reading and trying to learn as much as I can. I have yet to find anything considered a "keeper" mostly junk. Glad you got to experience the happy dance.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NOT MUCH...bull that's a great 1st find. Keep it up and the hobby will grow to a passion. Welcome and congrats :thumbsup:

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
3RINGER said:
NOT MUCH...bull that's a great 1st find. Keep it up and the hobby will grow to a passion. Welcome and congrats :thumbsup:

I agree with 3ringer.....My first finds were nails.....not old ones either! ::) But I didn't start hunting seriously until about 8 years ago, and I've been an addict ever since!

Welcome to the forum and may you find tons of goodies very soon and be sure to post your progress (even if you think it's junk!). These guys have a way of cheering you up on those bad hunt days! :icon_sunny:

HH,
Moon

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Gunny, glad you got out there and started diggin!!!! Your arm will get used to it after a few hunts then you'll be able to swing all day and feel fine. I was just a lowly LCPL so if a rock like me can do it anybody can!!!! :tongue3:

Semper Fi

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your wheat.
Location is key.
But keep swinging away.
My first three weeks, I found only 2 or 3 wheats. Now, a year and 7 days later I have over 450
wheats, and 77 silver coins, 9 silver rings, 2 gold rings, and lots of copper memorials
and clad.Keep hitting it and it will add up.

Good luck,
HH.

OP
OP
Gunny71

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, this is a great place!

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E-5 SGT USMCR 1965 here. Way to go Gunny!! My first trip out I got two memorial pennies and a clad dime. They are mounted on a 3x5 card and taped up to see each time I go into my hobby room. My first year I ended up with over 2000 coins. the best of which was a 1943 walking liberty half dollar. Several rings and other items. Your arm will get better as will your happy dance. HHHH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread