first find!!

Yesterday Saber, a couple of friends of ours and I went to a small park near the river and I found my first coin!!
It was a clad penny!!yeah!! :D I dont need to post a pic cause we all know what a new penny looks like ;)
I have been getting slack on why I dont hunt ( I mostly dig for saber) so I thought hey why not ;D
Now I just have to get used to all the noise that trash metal sends. lol
Oh ya I found the elusive flip tab too :P A great day for me, for my first solo hunt ;D
Thanks for listening

M

revision: it was actually a pull tab.. and pretty rusty lol .. I remember those from the 60's and 70's hahaha

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for you! Suck up some of that glory...and don't forget the pics! :)

HH!
TBGO

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah, Maureen. Way to go. I knew you would like it! :)

Let saber dig for you now.......hahahaha :D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Good For you Maureen! Silver will be next and you will be hooked! Get that Saber a shovel...he will be digging for you!

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Old Chinese proverb..... "A journey of a thousand miles is begun with a single footstep." You are on your way........ WTG

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that find Maureen!

Heck....my first find was a shot gun shell! :D .....And I got a picture! :D

And what's up with YOU digging for SABER!?! ???

SABER! I know that doesn't happen!

:D

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
WTG Maureen! It just gets better from here on out, make Saber dig his own holes! Hell.........make Saber dig YOUR holes for a while! lol We realy need pics next time, even if it is just a penny, we are all very happy for you! :D

OP
OP
maureen

maureen

Darn it I just lost my initial post >:(
Any way, We went out yesterday to some local parks and found 1.34 in clad; a half dollar 1971, 2 quarters, couple of dimes a nickle and the rest pennies. He detected and I just walked with him. I found a dime and a nickle just by watching where I was going hahaha.. Since the ground is soo hard here he digs his own treasures and I just ask a lot of tedious questions.. ::) the bogs are almoust dry and the gators are packin it up to move elsewhere lol.. we need rain so bad we might not be able to have fireworks this fourth of July :( So everyone dance!! maybe that'll make it rain here ;D
That one penny has made me have the bug alright, we are going back to that same park near some tennis courts..I am still waiting for that Silver Merc bounty.... and for a while it was "debloons debloons".. now its "diamond tennis bracelet, diamond tennis bracelet" hahaha.
I have a great arsenal to choose from, Saber has 6 metal detectors and he just bought a water detector!! the guy is obsessed!! now we can go to the river and play pirates.. there is a lot of gold and silver around here and plenty of civil war relics..

Arrgh and last one to the river is a rotten egg!! :P

M

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Grab one of those six detectors and get out there. ;D Congrats on the finds, you will find even more if you pick up a machine. ;)

tammahawk

Mar 8, 2005
if your digging a lot of trash set your discriminator so you dont hear the junk, if ya got a cheapy detector your doomed to find tons of trash, I borrowed a cheapy the 1st time i went out i musta dug 300 pull tabs in one day, I got a garret shortly after that and now i only get an ocassional pull tab, welcome to the hobby have fun!

popcorn

Jun 18, 2005
I would like to know where you have been I have no problem finding a lot of pull tabs. congrats on the coin

OP
OP
maureen

maureen

Popcorn,
We are in SW Georgia, swamp land, plenty of pine and oak trees and a lot of underbrush..
we usually stay in parks and private land. Saber and his friend go to the wild forests and hunt in very dense areas. They have good luck there, but its too saturated with critters for me. lol

M

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Yea she did pretty good. First time out I did not find anything at all nada nuthen...zip. Maureen was using my Discovery 3300 which some would tell you is a poor detector, but I disagree. It is a good entry level detector it is also good for people with light body styles. I have a Minelab Soverign and anyone will tell ya this is a horse, I also have a Garrett GTI 2500 and to be honest this is my least favorite of my detectors, its ergonomics is poor pin points well but consistancy or readings is vague. I also have a Whites Spectrum XLT this is my detector and one that I have learned but if I put on my 8 inch coil I get choppy readings. So most of the time I think the coil size has more to do with it than el cheapo detectors unless it is just unstable crap like my old radio shack 550 POS. But the Discovery 3300 is a good stable low end coin shooter. I also own a Whites Classic I which my mom is using...another good low end machine. Last but not least a fisher 1280x soon to be arrived.

Saber

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions