First finds of the year for ace 100

gemhunter

Mar 11, 2006
BC Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett Infinium LS Whites GMT Ace 250 Ace 100 Sunray Probe Garrett Probe
Hello all, just got out MD'ing for first time this year. Some area's here have thawed enough that one doesn't need axe to chop the ground! I've been thinking about the new GTI 2500 I'm getting near the end of the month and with all this spring weather we are getting I couldn't contain myself any more, so off to the the local playground I went.
I brought out the ace 100 I have and found an assortment of items, the ace 100 may be a long way off from been top of the line, but it just goes to prove the point of how well the Garrett Md's are built. If this is what I find with the bottom of the pole detector, then I really look forward to using the GTI 2500.
A few dollars in clad, a few broken toys, couple of pens & half, what looks like a crab pendent(wife thinks its silver, but I don't think it is),a toy horse, some kind of bottle opener(never seen one like this before),some odd girly hair stuff and 2 Hershy kiss :-* chocolate.
After I dug out the 2nd Hershy kiss, a little boy with his aunt started digging in the sand looking for some chocolate to eat, I told him that they don't taste too good once they they were in the ground :P and he agreed. I got to a spot where the little boy was digging earlier and I picked up a 2 good signals about 6" apart, so I let him know he should come back and keep digging, so he did and found 2 pennies. The boys aunt was calling him for supper and ya he was reluctant to go :-\
Perhaps another detectorist was born ;D was all round fun and another public service done by cleaning out the trash using all metal mode :)
Here's a pic of finds, hope this works. David

Attachments

• April 2006  1st.JPG
    April 2006 1st.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 352
R

rvbvetter

Nice haul!! Top of the line or not, it doesn't look like your missing any targets out there. Your even getting the candy! How many can say that?!! WTG!!! HH

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth
hey, nicely done. i have been using the ace 100 for over 4 yrs and i have found close to 2500 coins in about 215 hours of searching. i keep all kinds of stats. i think it does an excellent job. i just got the gti 1500 on memorial day. have 32 hours with it and 170 coins, one 14k gold wed band. best feature so far- target size so you can pass on so much trash. garrettfan2 in tx. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread