First finds with my cheap md

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP deus and whites Mxt pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found these in my great grandparents yard about two weeks ago. 1 1945 mercury dime in great condition and a sterling silver award pin from the Louisiana forestry commission that was lost by my great grandfather in the late 30's to early 40's according to my 84 year old grandmother. The pin was found about 6-8 inches below the surface under the old homesites drive way and the mercury dime was about six inches down inside of the small fenced in yard. I also found an antique hoe buried about 12-15 inches down by a tree where they slaughtered cows in the forties and fifties. All together I thought it was pretty good finds for my cheap md. If you call melted aluminum treasure I also found a lot of that as well and about ten matchbox cars I believe I buried as a kid

Attachments

• image-1787284003.jpg
    image-1787284003.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 145
  • image-3143837461.jpg
    image-3143837461.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah just really tuff with alot of melted aluminum everywhere from the original house place. They tore it down and burned what wasn't salvageable in the forties

sent from my x-ray sonar relic finder

OP
OP
LaGold

LaGold

May 8, 2012
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NOLA_Ken said:
Nice! I'll bet there's plenty more there to find.

Yeah just tough because they burned what wasn't salvageable of the original home site when my great grandparents built their new home in the forties. I'm trying to get a better md
To be able to determine what kind of metal I'm hitting so I don't waste so much energy on that trash aluminum. But thanks for the comment!!!

sent from my x-ray sonar relic finder

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that can get old after a while, but the more of it you dig out and remove, the better the chance you'll find something good underneath it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread