First finds with my new BABY

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I went out with my brother ( KirkTN as you all know him ) for a hunt today at an old farm house. I was hitting on some pretty cool old relics. We went to the same place yesterday but I mainly worked about a 50 acre pasture that I saw a few signs of an old building of some sort there long since gone. I found the pocket knife, old rivets and a real heavy old piece of some sort of comb there next to a huge oak tree. I thought that was kinda weird. Found some old square nails out in the field, one with a huge head like I never seen. I posted an individual pic of it. Back to today- about 3 pm. my son came driving up and said UPS brought my new NAUTILUS DMC IIB and he thought I might want to finish the day out with it. I was pretty excited to say the least. I turned it on and started setting it up and hunted for 15 or 20 minutes realizing that the Iron laden soil around this old house site was better left until I had some more time to court my new baby. So I headed off to the old fairgrounds where I knew I could find some shallow clad and get a feel for her. I hunted about an hour and a half and I think done alright for my first date with this new machine. I will say that I have never owned a machine that hits as hard as this one on 6 - 7" targets I swear they sound like there on top of the ground.
I have no doubt with some hours under my belt I will be dangerous on some deepies with this thing. Anyways the first pic is the finds I made in my first hour and a half with the Nautilus and the following pics are my relic finds over the past couple days with the Vaquero. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCN1256.JPG
    DSCN1256.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 549
  • DSCN1260.JPG
    DSCN1260.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 560
  • DSCN1263.JPG
    DSCN1263.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 550
  • DSCN1265.JPG
    DSCN1265.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 551
  • DSCN1266.JPG
    DSCN1266.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 544
  • DSCN1267.JPG
    DSCN1267.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 532
  • DSCN1273.JPG
    DSCN1273.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 488
  • DSCN1274.JPG
    DSCN1274.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 526
Upvote 0

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Nice collection of finds. Those copper rivets in the second to last picture sure can drive you crazy at an old site. We finds lots of them.
JDD

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have found a pretty old site. I bet there's some old silver around there somewhere.

DANGLANGLEY

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I could spend all day there.....Congrat's on the find's and the "new baby",I'm sure you'll bring her up right.

K

KirkTN

Hey Bro, Fun hunting today. Maybe this weekend we can go hit the new site out off Dry Fork, where rumor is a cannon ball was found. ;)

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some nice finds you had there...glad to hear you like the new detector

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Yo John,
WTG!! Nice baby. Hope you get to send a lot of time with her this year.
Joe

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You'll love the Naughty. It is not that hard to learn. Try and get a 15" coil. It is all I use now and will really go deep. Good for swinging over crop stubble without losing depth. HH!
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread