First Finds

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got into gold prosepecitng but couldn't overlook metal detecting since I've had a BH101 for a year and never used it. Went to a local abandoned high school football field and found a buck sixty eight in a couple hours. Really learned alot about my detector. Don't have to dig everything after you get some things set right. Started digging every mark but that was not going to be much fun. After digging a 5 to 6 inch deep piece of junk I buried a quarter to see how the BH marked it. Then went right down the line nickle,dime and penny. Once I did this I begain to find some real change. I can see me upgrading to a better unit such as the 505. I did have some issues with false reading. I had a couple hole I dug with no results but still had a tone. Don't know what this was caused by but maybe it an issues with soil type. Thinking of buying a 505 and letting my wife use the 101 or use it as a backup. Who is the best vendor to buy a 505 from?

jibb

Feb 9, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my 505 from kellyco through amazon for 199.99 about 6 weeks ago. So far I am happy with it. It has a lot of features that usually only come on the more expensive detectors, notch, ground balance, and 3 tones. Oh and if you can't afford the 50$ lesche digging tool you can get a very nice heavy duty digger at lowes for 10$. I think its called tru temper and has the sod knife on one side for cutting nice round plugs and a serated side for cutting through roots if need be. Also if you decide you need a pinpointer and don't have the 150$ some of them cost, check harbor frieght. They have a one for about 16$ that works just like the 150$ one. Good luck.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info on the 505 will probably be ordering one soon. I already found a pretty good digger at Menards very sim. to what you descrobe with the cutting edge and all. The pinpointer is what I will pick up at harbor. I can see after only one day of MD that this is a good access. Thanks for the reply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions