Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a local "hunted out" park this morning to give my ACE 250 some equal time . I usually do pretty good there in spite of the fact that it is heavily hunted. I found some clad and got an only moderately strong signal that bounced back and forth between a nickel and a pull tab. On my ACE that usually means it is a bent pull tab. Intuition just told me to dig it and I uncovered a mans 10k gold class ring at about two inches! I know the owner's name and I am going through google now to try to locate him and return it. I will post the name , etc, once I get him notified and he describes the ring to my satisfaction. This is my third ring this month, one silver toe ring, this gold class ring and a costume ring. As previously noted, these rings seem to come in bunches and it's been a long dry spell in between times! Also dug lots of pull tabs and some unknown brass dohickeys! Monty

Attachments

• DSC00446.jpg
    DSC00446.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 3,619
  • DSC00447.jpg
    DSC00447.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3,668
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was indeed wearing my lucky blue prospecting shirt! See, it works! I have never found anything interesting when I didn't have it on! A couple days ago I got it caught in the screen door and ripped a pig piece of the hem loose and it hangs down by my butt now. I call it spreading the luck! I lost my class ring 30 years ago and keep hoping. I am a true believer in what goes around comes around so what other choice do I have except to return it? I have found 6 people in the phone directory either with this person's name or initials. Tonight I am going to call all of them and see if anyone can describe the ring. I also contacted the high school alumni association as they have a website. I should be able to find him if he is still living. Monty

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAY I Suggest a way ?

This is What I Do, IF I Know the Name, I ask For Proof ( Drivers License )
And Some type of Proof they Graduated That Year, or at least Would have, If they Didn't get Thrown out For getting the teacher in trouble or something? ;D? ;)

IF for Some Reason They Have NO Records from their School Days at all, I'd Go By either How Upstanding they come off (I consider myself a Fairly good judge of Character ; in person). ALTHO Their AGE SHOULD WORK.
Or If their is reason to doubt them, I ask if they can find a Class Mate Who DOES have Proof.

I Only Say This, IF for some reason they Don't Remember What Their Ring Looked Like.
I forgot what Mine Looked Like.

Jeff

M

mchamby

Way to go Jim, that is a very nice looking ring what year is it? It is in much better shape than the one I found, I can't read the school on my. Glad to see you are trying to return it. HH
Mchamby :)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congrats on the great ring! Man.........that was good hunch on your part. I've pulled so much junk outta the groung at parks...I get easily discouraged and give up. Good thing you were persistant!

Happy Hunting!

Moon

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Monty,
That's not a first gold class ring. I'm pretty sure that'a a FIRST CLASS GOLD RING!
WTG
grizzly bare

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
GOOOOOD GOING MONTY, THATS WHAT I DID, CONTACTED THE HIGH SCHOOL ALUMI ASSOSIATION, THEY LOOKED IN THE YEAR BOOK, I GAVE THEM THE INITALS AND BINGO!, HE CALLED ME TWO DAYS LATER! GOOD LUCK, I'TS A GOOD FEELING TO RETURN.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice ring Jimmy. Nice of you to try and return it.

HH Jeremy

F

Floater

Nice Work Monty. Look forward to the REST OF THE STORY. ;D Love that 250. HH

beeper

Sep 23, 2005
California
PS: WHEN I TALKED TO THE PERSON THAT THE RING BELONGED TO, I ASKED HIM HOW DID YOU LOSE THE RING?, HE ANSWERED
"OH MAN! I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS MISSING!, I THOUGHT SOME GIRL HAD IT, THAT RING WAS AROUND A LOT OF GIRLS NECKS!"

YA GOTTA LOVE IT!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice Monty,,, WTG!!!
I'm sure that if you find the owner, they will be very happy to get it back...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
Great find Jim, Hope you find the owner. I have been thinking about getting an Ace 250, you seem to have good luck (skill) with it.

Congrats again

Mike

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I've hunted down the owner this far. His name is Ray Green. He graduated from Corsicana ,Texas High School in 1975. I have phoned all the Ray Greens in my metropolitan area and all the R. Greens and none of them is the right one. I have an email off to the alum who is in charge of the high school reunioins in Corsicana. Apparently they have a school reuinion instead of a class reuniion. I am awaiting a reply from him. I guess all I can do is wait for now. Monty

beniy

Greenie
May 13, 2007
As I saw the pic I noticed the weird thing (second from the right) looks like an iron meteorite ...I might be wrong but ask an expert to be sure but that could be an even better find than the class ring...Gretings Ben

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy that's a sweet ring, keep us posted on the reunion!

Nat

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Natman said:
Boy that's a sweet ring, keep us posted on the reunion!

Nat

this is a rather old post but if i remember right, monty never could find the guy. correct me if im wrong mont. ;)

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring. I'm going to have to run mine under the coil just to see what it reads/sounds like. Don't want to miss them in the field. :D

Don't most of the class ring makers (Jostens is the only one I can think of right now) have a list for just this reason. If you contact them, they will find the owner of lost rings if they can. Just a thought. After two years, I think I would have scraped it ;).

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
rtde3 said:
Man this thread fooled me for a second. I did not realize it was started in Oct 2005. Then I saw names like Floater had posted here. And I have not heard Monty talk about his blue shirt in a long time! ;D

i think that shirt has crossed into the great beyond!......either that or his wife hid it again! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread