First gold find-returned

B

Bill@Chas

After starting detecting about 7 months ago I found my first gold ring on Monday. It was a class ring from Clemson Univ. It was about 10 inches down in the sand midway between the low and high and high tide line. Called the school on Tues.to see if the could locate the persons who's name was in side. They called me back in about an hour and told me he lived in Fort Mills, SC. I called that night and spoke to his mother. She could not believe I had it. She gave me her address so I could send it to him. He graduated Tues. Sure feels good.

Bill

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fast work.......... It's even a better feeling when you get to do this in person.

T

TreasureTales

That's a great way to win new friends and to give our hobby a good reputation with those folks. I tip my hat to you, good work!!

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Marvelous!! More happy people. Job well done. You D man!

HH
Dale

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill@Chas said:
After starting detecting about 7 months ago I found my first gold ring on Monday. It was a class ring from Clemson Univ. It was about 10 inches down in the sand midway between the low and high and high tide line. Called the school on Tues.to see if the could locate the persons who's name was in side. They called me back in about an hour and told me he lived in Fort Mills, SC. I called that night and spoke to his mother. She could not believe I had it. She gave me her address so I could send it to him. He graduated Tues. Sure feels good.

Bill

Way to go! Almost the exact same thing happened to me with the first gold ring I ever found this spring - found it during a low tide way out in the sand - it had the kid's name in it, so I looked it up online when I got home and made a couple phone calls - the second call I got ahold of his aunt and he happened to be there visiting her - he couldn't believe I had found it (he'd only lost it about a month earlier). Packed it up and shipped it off to him knowing I was doing the right thing even though it was my first gold ring :)

Never expected or asked for anything for it - just glad to have matched it up with the kid. About 2 months later I got a card in the mail with a $50 gift certificate to a local restaurant and a HUGE thanks from him and his mom :)

Trust me - this is the first ring of many that you'll find and you did a wonderful thing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread