First Gold for 2013

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had planned to hunt the Gulf coast but weather said that it was going to be breezy. So I drove down into Polk county and visited some lake beaches that I'd hunted in the past. One was closed due to low water, another looked polluted and had a uneven bottom making it difficult to walk much less hunt with my bad legs. The last one had a nice big park with volleyball courts, picnic areas, playgrounds and a large beach. I tried the volleyball courts but could see the tracks of a earlier TH'er in the sand so I didn't bother to hunt the others. I'd left my Fisher unit along with my green cart at home so I couldn't hunt the playgrounds as effectively since I only had my ML Excalibur. I entered the water and hunted the beach sand next to the Illinois Pond weeds. I got that constant low tone that sounded like a ring. A check of the scoop showed a man's white gold ring with lightning bolts or flames cut into the metal all the way through. I hunted the rest of it wherever edge of the pond weed was and found nothing not even a pull tab or bottle cap. That tells me that its been HTD - hunted to death.
I hunted this beach 10 years ago and you had sand bottom till the water depth reached your neck. This Illinois Pond Weed is a Florida native plant and it's filled in this beach at the 3-4 foot depth. Another 10 years unless this city does something then it'll be unusable. It's almost as bad as Hydrilla and tangle your legs and drown kids.
The ring has no markings on it so it might be a custom ring. I used my Fisher F2 that registered a test gold ring at 25 and this ring rang in at 25 as well and weighed 6.0 grams. I'll take it to a Pawn Shop to determine if its 10K or 14K. I don't sell my gold to Pawn Shops, only to Refineries. It was breezy but not a bad day after all. :headbang:

Attachments

• Gold Ring - 6 grams.jpg
    Gold Ring - 6 grams.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Congratulations on a very nice gold ring find, Flauthor:hello2:

Lorraine

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a nice gold ring.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good ring it's worth the hard work!

Sand Gnat

Jul 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett A/T Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Stealth Classic
Primary Interest:
OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Took the ring into a pawn shop I buy tools and stuff from and they tested it and it came back as Stainless Steel. Oh well, a ring is a ring just the same. This is a cut out ring that retails from $13 to $15.00. So if it looks like white gold and sounds like gold but has no marking on the inside then its stainless. Live and learn.:sad11:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good lookin ring anyways!!!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the ring into a pawn shop I buy tools and stuff from and they tested it and it came back as Stainless Steel. Oh well, a ring is a ring just the same. This is a cut out ring that retails from $13 to $15.00. So if it looks like white gold and sounds like gold but has no marking on the inside then its stainless. Live and learn.:sad11:

Sorry it was Stainless Florida author.
It was a good story anyway " For whom the ring Tolls"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread