First Gold Found In Over a Year

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
So my brother and I decided to sneak a little bit of hunting in today even though it is 95+ degrees out with smog warnings in our area. We tried an older elementary school in a nearby town without much luck. We then decided to try a nearby middle school, and my first dig at the middle school was this beautiful gold ring. I had it looked at by the jeweler and he said it is either 10 or 14k gold with sapphires in it. Only my second gold ever as I am usually a coin shooter. Still a great find, and I can't wait to get out later this week with Detectingfreak and Juju to find some more goods. Happy hunting!

-Washingtonian

Attachments

• Gold1.jpg
    Gold1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 574
  • Gold2.jpg
    Gold2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 575
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a great piece of gold. I am headin out later this evening to try my luck. See ya Tuesday.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold ring. Congrats!!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

I found my first gold in a year the other day, but I had a really good day. Not even one minute after the first I found a second. The next day we went out and I got a third. I know, I know, stop the bragging :laughing9:........of course it will be another year if I'm lucky.

It sure makes you smile when you see that you have found GOLD!!!

HH

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow...congrats on the ring! I have not been hunting since i moved out here two months ago. I have been out of the loop for a while. Moved out to North Bend and have been busy working and spending time with the family and house hunting.I am really missing the hobby and am not ready to give it up. When are you guys going on Tuesday? Need another buddy to come along? I get off work at five or so, but could probably run out early if you're all going somewhere. Let me know. Thanks

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow school been keepin ya that busy . wt its a nice little ring :icon_thumleft:

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri