first gold. its not much lol

steven332

Jul 1, 2013
millville
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i finally got some gold. i have tons on powder gold in a concentrate but have no idea how to extract it. (any help?)
IMG_4237.jpg

Upvote 0

shawn32671

Jul 4, 2013
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a home made miller table would help I'm sure...I plan to build one myself for my flour gold...search miller table on youtube

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look for YouTube vids on panning fine gold. Look for tapping method or shake and tap.

Basic steps:
1. Separate fine material from larger sand - use a 50 mesh screen or finer (buy in prospecting shop or use the sieve they sell in Asian food markets to wash rice!)
2. Use a magnet to remove any iron sand for separate processing
3. Use the shake and tap method on that fine material to see the ultra fine gold come dancing right out of the fine, iron-free sand!

Last edited:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
[h=2]" first gold. its not much lol "[/h]

Hell man ...................... gotta start the pile with something . :icon_thumright:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on finding something larger than flour. Now as your doctor I prescribe the following.... Take prospecting trips as often as possible to avoid loosing the fever. Spend every waking moment that you're not out prospecting reading everything you can find on the subject so you can make your trips more profitable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread