First gold piece, possibly two, on on a 1942 half dollar Liberty coin pendant!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a very good day at the garage sales. I picked out all of this jewelry out of a little tub. Everything for $5. of the rings, only the one on the far right is 925. The other two I can't determine. They look Art Deco, don't know if the diamonds are really (probably not). The bracelet indicates 14kt gold but also stamped "Korea". I never knew that they made gold jewelry in Korea. Finally, this silver half dollar on a 14kt gold necklace from Italy. The coin indicates "half Dollar", and "Liberty". I sincerely appreciate everyone's time, help and feedback. :-)

Artslinger find1.jpg find2.jpg find3.jpg find4.jpg find5.jpg find6.jpg

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds!! I'd have the Korean piece acid tested but it looks like a good find. That's a nice walking liberty half dollar. Killer scores!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good as gold to me. When you see a clasp with an extra safety clip that's generally a good sign.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no idea, but I'll give you $10 right now

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say you scored. Have it tested and let us know because that would be the first Korean gold that I've seen. Nice finds!

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Korea when I was in the Navy. They do make gold jewelry. It is not as great as some others, but it certainly can be legit.....Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread