First Gold Ring

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Nice find, I bet that one made you wince when it sounded off. I believe the GE indicates "gold electroplated", but a jewler I am not. ;D

HH

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Shiny rings are cool no matter what they are made off! The thrill of the find is the same. Good going! Cladius.

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks Guys!
Thanks for the info too, Kev.... I kinda figured thats what that meant, it just looked plated.
I would imagine the 2 to 3 carot Diamond?,,, is a zircon too :-\

It does get your blood a pump'n when you pop it out and it shines, and sparkles... ;D

Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If I were digging it up, Leon, GE would stand for "get excited" :)

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think by 'zircon' you mean 'cubic zirconia'. There is a difference: Zircon is a naturally occuring mineral, and gem quality zircons can run up to hundreds of dollars a carat. Not as rich as diamond, but valuable. Cubic zirconia (CZ) is a man-made material that is frequently used as faux diamond, but is virtually worthless. I suspect in a plated ring you have the latter. Still, even if just plated, you can say you found gold which is always a good thing! Polish it up and put it in your show case-- nobody will be the wiser!

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks for the leason Lab Rat, I never new there was such a thing as zircon... I was was just cutting cubic zirconia short... Had to look up the right way to spell " carat " too? :-[

I hope were both right about it, because I already give it away? ::)
Thanks again...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread