First gold with new sov.

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Was starting to look like two consecutive clad only weekends for me. Spent all morning digging coins on Saturday.

This little guy showed up first thing Sunday morning. 14k and about 8 inches deep. Measures just under an inch from top of clasp to bottom of K (there marking this stuff good these days). Fit through my scoop just fine and was almost written off as a small piece of foil until I got on my hands and knees and started running my fingers through the soggy stinky sand. Our beaches as a mess right now. Trashy with huge mounds of seaweed building up to cover a lot of the wet. Cant wait until the winter weather and tides set in. I am hoping it gets all the way down in the fifties this winter.

Sov GT has found jewelry for me 3 out of the 4 weekends I have used it so far. Cant complain about that.

Attachments

• 1stgold.jpeg.jpg
    1stgold.jpeg.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 534
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice lil charm there. Sometimes gold comes to those that look hard enough.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how I missed this post. Man, that charm is nice congrats. BTW, is there a particular reason you are hoping it's get's down into the 50's this winter?

OP
OP
M

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
Just a sarcastic comment. At the time our brutal summer temps and humidity here in FL were still with us. Since then the weather has gotten back to normal. Need to be careful of what I wish for however as this past Sundays hunt I encountered what gets called a "coin line" here on the forum.

Coins of every type were strewn along the waters edge on a nice little cut that ran for a couple of miles. Some coins were right on top of the sand and I figured something good had to be there with them. Unfortunately the mild temps brought out the beach walkers and an hour after sunrise there were so many of them walking this line I really couldn't stop and dig without being run into.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Now that's a nice way to pay for a new detector! Congrats and happy hunting.

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread