First Gold!

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out for a hunt and got a late start. My heart wasn't in it, and I wasn't trying very hard. I found a bit of clad and some junk at one site, then moved on.

I checked out another spot that was so trashy, I didn't even try to dig, and thought I'd just go home.

Took a detour and drove past a spot that I haven't had much luck in, and decided to pull in, and poke around for a few minutes. Dug some trash in hard packed clay, reaffirming the thought to go home! Meandered down the hill a little and I got a signal that was bouncing around from pull tab, to various coinage, then when I dug it, I thought that I probably found another piece of junk jewelry, but at least it was interesting!

Saw some marks on the back, and I could make out 12 kt, but I thought, it must be plated at the very best.

2567715583.jpg

I did go home then, and when I got home and started cleaning it, I figured out what was really going on! :blob7:

Hoo-ray!!

2567715587.jpg

Upvote 0
Fantastic!! Those places that dont ever get respect seem to be the ones that turn up good digs just about the time you start to give up on them.. Nice Gold,

Scott

Awesome!!
Congrats!!
:icon_thumright:
Joe

Nice,

Hope its the first of many!

:notworthy: Really nice find. I have a feeling it woke you up. Hoo-ray is right.....................

Thanks a lot. I'm really pumped about it!

It seems that St. Michael is the patron saint of Police Officers. So, the image is that of St. Mike, and a cop! :icon_study:

Cool!

Any day out metal detecting is better then spending a day at work, nice finds !

That is what "stickin it out" :hello2: is all about, I wonder how many of us would have given in.

Ive had that feeling in a few sites that my heart just was not in it
its amazing how finding that yella stuff can make any day like feel like its your Birthday :hello2:
nice hit on the gold!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back