First Good Find With My New Garrett Ace 400!

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got some time yesterday to try out my new Ace 400 and I was able to find something good with it in the 1/2 hour that I searched. I tried to dig in my yard but due to the 8 degree weather, it was frozen solid. :BangHead: Then I remembered how other times this winter I was able to dig in the woods because the leaves insulated the ground so it could not freeze. Sure enough the ground in the woods was still unfrozen. So I began to search in the brush near the edge of my yard near where I have found other objects from the mid-late 1800s. I soon got a repeatable mid-tone, and dug this up.

horse rosette .jpg
I believe it is a rosette from a horse bridal. This is the front. The design is made of stamped brass. It features what appears to be a horse, with an adult standing next to the horse, and a child standing under the horse's head.
The back is made of iron.

Thanks for reading! GL&HH!

Upvote 9

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's kind of funny. I didn't even know Garrett had an Ace 400!

Anyone know what's different on this model?

Congrats on thinking outside of the box.

kenonimo

Nov 25, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think they have a 150 200 250 300 350 and a 400

KandiKlover

Jan 7, 2017
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (got for free)
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That's kind of funny. I didn't even know Garrett had an Ace 400!

Anyone know what's different on this model?

Congrats on thinking outside of the box.

Same looks pretty nice. I always thought about the 350 was the highest. I looked on amazon and stuff and it's supposed to have some of the nice features of the AT pro in it, not exactly sure what though. Either way both are nice detectors for sure.

OP
OP
VTColonialDigger

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Ace 400 was released last spring and combined features from the Ace series and the AT pro. The main difference between other older Ace models and the Ace 400 is that it has a digital target ID (number) like the AT pro.

KandiKlover

Jan 7, 2017
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (got for free)
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The Ace 400 was released last spring and combined features from the Ace series and the AT pro. The main difference between other older Ace models and the Ace 400 is that it has a digital target ID (number) like the AT pro.

Oh good. I used a 250 before and was kind of frustrated at the lack of ID number. Glad they fixed now thanks.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice relic find! :occasion14:

Bitdrop

Nov 23, 2013
Vermont
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Blisstool LTC64X v3,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking about my similar situation as I was reading your post. Then I looked at were you are from and it all made sense. I tried to get out to a beach on Lake Champlain today but ended up not being able to dig AT ALL. I'm hoping we get a warm spell soon because I am still psyched about my first coin of 2017 which was my second George II circa 1730 and it has me pumped to find more.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good start with a great machine!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a very nice first find. Hunting in the woods this time of year is a strategy I also use. There is so much leaf cover, that the ground rarely ever freezes. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread