First Grand Slam and a couple of stolen bases

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with D-Dub today to a couple of sites. I didn't have too much time before work, so we decided not to drive too far.

Arrived at our first site, and nothing for the first hour but a lonely IH. Walked back over to an area I've hit before at this site and I got a wheatie signal. Not quite convinced it was a wheatie (and digging several of these signals 2 yrs ago), I dug a plug to discover my Oldest U.S. silver to date. An 1843 Seated dime that is pretty worn. (Wish it was a 1844 though $$$). Not thinking anything of it, (like getting a tri-fecta or grand slam), we detected this site for another 30mins before deciding to check out another site.

Within 5 minutes at this new site, I dug a very deep '36 Merc. About 5' away from the Merc, I got another deep "irony" sweet signal and out popped the '52 Rosie. Now we haven't even been at this site for fifteen minutes yet and I already have a tri-fecta.

Well, not even ten minutes went by and I had yet another deep signal that I could barely pick out through the iron. After I dug the plug, the signal disappeared and I couldn't find the target. As I was about to grab my shovel and move on, I noticed something silver on it. BAM! '02 Barber dime stuck to my shovel and completing my grand slam.

Funny thing is, that I hadn't realized I had a grand slam until about 10 minutes later. I turned to D-Dub and said, "Dude, I just got my first frickin' Grand Slam, Holy S#*t!"

Before we left, I also ended up getting a 2 Quarter pocket spill; 1920-D SLQ and a 1907-D BBQ. We were at this 2nd site for 45 mins. Definitely my best time:silver ratio. A hunt I will not forget an time soon. Enjoy and HH!

Attachments

• grand slam 2.jpg
    grand slam 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 996
  • grans slam reverse.jpg
    grans slam reverse.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,038
  • grand slam 2.jpg
    grand slam 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 995
  • grans slam reverse.jpg
    grans slam reverse.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 987
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big E said:
Congrats Jon on all the finds. :icon_thumleft: That's a lot of silver. Quite impressive for only having a short time to hunt.

Big E

Thanks Emil. That's what I thought too. I can't believe how fast and how many silvers I got in such little time. I wonder how many I can get if I spend the whole day there. :dontknow:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure that made for a memorable day ! A great grouping af US silver :thumbsup: MaineRelic

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the Chicago land guys are really tearing it up this year. Nice display of silver in all their glory :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread