First Hour with the QDII

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm getting back into the hobby, been out a while trying to finish/pay for my BSCS, but I bought barely a used Quick Draw II. It came with the receipt from 2003 and looks to have only a few hours use...really clean. As my reward for completing a Machine Learning assignment I took it for a spin. I took it to my "spot" and my first find was a horseshoe at about 10 inches which I took as a good omen. I soon banged out a silver Roosevelt, two nickels, a dime and zinc penny.

Given that I've hunted this site with multiple detectors (Tesoro, Whites, Compass, Troy x5, etc...) over the years, the QDII impressed me. It reminds of an old Golden Sabre from Tesoro, a machine that didn't really work for me, and if I get my Lectures done I plan on hitting an old church yard later today.

Good Stuff.

B.

Attachments

• horseshoe.JPG
    horseshoe.JPG
    945.9 KB · Views: 67
  • coins.JPG
    coins.JPG
    829.3 KB · Views: 83

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds sounds like you are one with that machine. Good luck and hope you stay with it theres some awesome stuff out there waiting for you. Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back to the Hobby also

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use a Pioneer 202, which is the Wal-Mart version of the QDII. It's an interesting detector and I have found it to do better with a slower sweep speed as the recovery is not super fast. It also has poor see through when hunting in nail fields, but it does well in wet salt sand, has decent depth (detected a quarter at a measured 8" in wet ground), and the target ID, though segmented, is very reliable. They are great detectors and I really enjoy detecting with mine. Good luck on your detecting efforts, and I hope you find some nice things with your QDII.

OP
OP
blauer

blauer

Jun 17, 2014
Pennsylbama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II.
Primary Interest:
Other
I still use a Pioneer 202, which is the Wal-Mart version of the QDII. It's an interesting detector and I have found it to do better with a slower sweep speed as the recovery is not super fast. It also has poor see through when hunting in nail fields, but it does well in wet salt sand, has decent depth (detected a quarter at a measured 8" in wet ground), and the target ID, though segmented, is very reliable. They are great detectors and I really enjoy detecting with mine. Good luck on your detecting efforts, and I hope you find some nice things with your QDII.

Good to hear. I'm really liking it and your right about the slower sweep speed but it helps me a lot in pinpointing.

For example, I picked through a 4 zinc penny coin spill, one by one, only to bang out a 1941 wheat at 8 inches underneath them all. All within an approximate 2 foot square area.

Also, I found this today: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/634565-what-dis.html

Good Health my Friend,

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions