First hunt -11 but just for 2 hours...

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
Hi all, tho i was starting to climb on the walls, i did try a first hunt of 2011 and it was a relief :laughing9:

In Sweden the snow is not gone complete so i decided to give it a try to hunt.
The site is one of the sites Ive been on last year with another T-net member, and when i got there it was almost snow everywhere.
But what a heck, if other on T-net have axes with them and are doing well, so can i with my shovel...So i taught.

A few finds did come up, the large coin is an 5 Öre 1924 and the other two is from the 50's.
2 toy cars but one that is a real art master piece, i call it ''The natures path'' You can actually see how the tree root has melted in to the car, i think this is one of a kind :thumbsup:

And a metall box, sorry for the bad pic on that one, but it does stand:
Colored
The Wahl Co
Made in Chicago Us
Any one know what it is/how old it is?

I did get many good signals, tho i did reach areas that i could not last year because they was to much grass and bushes, BUT the ground
was to frozen, and my right foot (The kicker foot) was really beaten after the finds i did get up, and those i tried.. But one thing is certain, as fast the snow is gone I'm gonna be there when the sun rises!

So what have i learned...
1. Have an axe with you (if i can't hold my self until the snow is gone and or get an flamethrower)
2. Never,never, never think that you CANT find and dig items if it's snow outside.
3. Tho next year, get an sandbox, ask my girlfriend to bury some things and i will search with my pinpointer 1find/day, and yes it's gonna be a BIG sandbox! :laughing7:

THX fore watching, and to all, Happy Hunting!
//TSH

Attachments

• Toy car.jpg
    Toy car.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 499
  • Coins.jpg
    Coins.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 494
  • Metalbox.jpg
    Metalbox.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 497
  • Art1.jpg
    Art1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 498
  • Art2.jpg
    Art2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 498
Upvote 0

ouachitacaveman

Mar 12, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting !!
Nice finds among the snow
covered areas ! Thanks for the
photos !

:thumbsup: :headbang:

faderdave

Oct 5, 2009
COOL FINDS. I was out on valentines day trying to find ground that was not frozen, i had to wait a few more weeks.

OP
OP
The Swed Hunther

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
ouachitacaveman said:
Very interesting !!
Nice finds among the snow
covered areas ! Thanks for the
photos !

:thumbsup: :headbang:
Thx 8) i really want the snow to get aweay now! :tongue3:

OP
OP
The Swed Hunther

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
faderdave said:
COOL FINDS. I was out on valentines day trying to find ground that was not frozen, i had to wait a few more weeks.

That is the worst part, just sit and wait.. Thx for watching!
HH//Tsh

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying whatever the conditions is whats important :hello2: , the better finds will follow with the effort :icon_thumright:

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool toys and the coins... do they have any value above face value they are unique looking to me.
Donj4.

Intodeep

Mar 14, 2011
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350, Wilson Neuman Daytona
Nice digs, I really like the car with the root growing through it........... very cool. HH

OP
OP
The Swed Hunther

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
CRUSADER said:
Trying whatever the conditions is whats important :hello2: , the better finds will follow with the effort :icon_thumright:

Thats true i hope, im drowning in book, try to look for good information. :read2:
I hope i will be able to get a banner one day =P HH//Tsh

OP
OP
The Swed Hunther

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
donj said:
Very cool toys and the coins... do they have any value above face value they are unique looking to me.
Donj4.

Thx Donj4, i think that if it was in the original pack without a scratch it would be worth a bit :laughing7:
But it's fun to find older toys, and the coins, i hope it will be more of them, tho I'm trying this Saturday again :laughing9:
Happy Hunting//Tsh

OP
OP
The Swed Hunther

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
Intodeep said:
Nice digs, I really like the car with the root growing through it........... very cool. HH
Thx Id, i was did wonder what the hell it was tho i just did see a root :dontknow:
I'm glad that the root was not bigger! :laughing7 HH//Tsh

OP
OP
The Swed Hunther

The Swed Hunther

Aug 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
Xp Gold Maxx Power 18kHz
savant365 said:
Very nice find on the tree root car, I would display it. As far as your little metal box, Wahl makes hair trimmers so I would guess that it has something to do with that.

HH Charlie

They made mechanical pencils also...it looks like the box that the pencil lead came in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-EARLY-PENCIL-..._0&hash=item3f08976d75&x=48&y=5#ht_500wt_1156
Hi Charlie, i have it on display already :thumbsup: But i must get something to preserve the root i think.
That's funny, when i cleaned it had its contense, and it looked like pencil lead, but tho it broke as fast i did touch it, i tough it was dirt or something else.
Thx for the info!! :read2: HH//Tsh

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
The root and the car is awesome. Would love to have that above the fireplace. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions