First hunt(2hr) with new mine lab se pro! Silver, old harmonica! etc.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
I just received my new Mine lab SE pro, and went out for a 2 hr hunt in an old hammered out park. I didn't get a chance to test it, so I had to wing it in the park. My first find was the old harmonica, then the two wheat's and 1946 D silver dime in the same area. It went well, but I was wondering, if anyone knows about this MD, it made a low 4 tone noise about every 1 min. I just wondered if this was normal? I would appreciate any info.

Thanks for looking

phpMDMzcYPM.jpg

Attachments

• phplN4LVsPM.jpg
    phplN4LVsPM.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 380
  • phpBur6khPM.jpg
    phpBur6khPM.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 387
  • phpsdzsbRPM.jpg
    phpsdzsbRPM.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 387
Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on finding silver hh! :notworthy:

Here's a bit of information on your harmonica . . .
Dave

In 1830, Christan Messner, a cloth maker and weaver from Trossingen, copied a harmonica his neighbour had brought from Vienna. He had such success that eventually his brother and some relatives also started to make harmonicas. From 1840 onwards, his nephew Christian Weiss was also involved in the business. By 1855, there were at least three harmonica-making businesses: C. A. Seydel Söhne, Christian Messner & Co., and Württ. Harmonikafabrik Ch. WEISS. Currently, only C.A. Seydel is still in business.

Owing to competition between the harmonica factories in Trossingen and Klingenthal, machines were invented to punch the covers for the reeds. In 1857, Matthias Hohner, a clockmaker from Trossingen, started producing harmonicas, eventually to become the first person to mass-produce them. He used a mass-produced wooden comb that he had made by machine-cutting firms. By 1868, he began supplying the United States.

OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
ANTIQUARIAN said:

Dave

In 1830, Christan Messner, a cloth maker and weaver from Trossingen, copied a harmonica his neighbour had brought from Vienna. He had such success that eventually his brother and some relatives also started to make harmonicas. From 1840 onwards, his nephew Christian Weiss was also involved in the business. By 1855, there were at least three harmonica-making businesses: C. A. Seydel Söhne, Christian Messner & Co., and Württ. Harmonikafabrik Ch. WEISS. Currently, only C.A. Seydel is still in business.

Owing to competition between the harmonica factories in Trossingen and Klingenthal, machines were invented to punch the covers for the reeds. In 1857, Matthias Hohner, a clockmaker from Trossingen, started producing harmonicas, eventually to become the first person to mass-produce them. He used a mass-produced wooden comb that he had made by machine-cutting firms. By 1868, he began supplying the United States.

Thanks!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
history hunter said:
ANTIQUARIAN said:

Dave

Thanks!

I know it doesn't tell you a whole lot, but it was all I could find about CH. Weiss. :dontknow:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the low battery indicator. Did it do it the entire time? It's much different than a signal, more like the noise when you are killed in a video game.

OP
OP
history hunter

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Iron Patch said:
Sounds like the low battery indicator. Did it do it the entire time? It's much different than a signal, more like the noise when you are killed in a video game.

Yes, I found that out this morning, the new batt died after fully charging it. It only lasted 2 hrs.

Thanks!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
history hunter said:
Iron Patch said:

Yes, I found that out this morning, the new batt died after fully charging it. It only lasted 2 hrs.

Thanks!

Yeah a few more times and your charge should last the day plus some.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread