First hunt at new site.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Got permission today to hunt a site that was settled in 1630. The building was rebuilt 5 times. I am not sure how much the land has changed, but boy was there tons of pull tabs and bottle caps. I did find an interesting coin, maybe British or Candien. i found a mercury dime in great condition with a buffalo head in the same hole. I also found an interesting Kids badge. It says "official reporter, scoop ward, news of youth, wards soft bun bread". I may go back to see if I can find anything older like a tree coin. ::)
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• g.JPG
    g.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 411
  • g (2).JPG
    g (2).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 412
  • g (3).JPG
    g (3).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 413
  • g (4).JPG
    g (4).JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 405
  • g (5).JPG
    g (5).JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 405
  • g (9).JPG
    g (9).JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 410
  • g (13).JPG
    g (13).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 416
  • g (12).JPG
    g (12).JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 410
  • g (11).JPG
    g (11).JPG
    61 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP.....This is exactly why I stay away from existing homes. You don't know how much fill has been brought in....etc. I'm sure there is some nice stuff there, you just have to get through the trash to get at it. Maybe on the outskirts of the property will yield something nice. GOOD LUCK Hogge

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hit that site again!!!!!!! nice finds :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I have one of those Scoops Award badges too that I found last season. Yours is in much better shape. Cool finds. jgas

OP
OP
Garabaldi

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
hogge said:
YEP.....This is exactly why I stay away from existing homes. You don't know how much fill has been brought in....etc. I'm sure there is some nice stuff there, you just have to get through the trash to get at it. Maybe on the outskirts of the property will yield something nice. GOOD LUCK Hogge
Unfortunatley when you live in the city its not easy finding sites unless you get out of the city. I did go back today after work and found a few other things which I will post, but nothing spectacular.
Thanks for all the comments. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread