First Hunt - Chapter Two

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
My ACE 250 arrived Christmas morning as expected.

Went to the 1871 barn the next day to begin the hunt. The floor has been removed exposing debris littered dirt. The ACE went off with every swing finding scrap metal, roof nails and other junk. I am learning the discrimination feature with every pass.

I only searched the area in a side room before moving outside. The rest of the interior will come over the next days and weeks.

The immediate area around the barn contained the same junk as inside so far as I found.

I moved to a parking area and made the only two finds worth keeping: a 2002 penny and a 1981 quarter. Spent about two hours at the site all together.

My wife and two friends came along to watch this bit of treasure hunting history in the making. They sat drinking a nice Pinot Grigio and making suggestions while I searched, dug and refilled holes.

Good friends, good wine, a new hobby, some fresh air and $.26, all in all a very nice day with the new hobby.

Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

Great reading, keep this one going. Look forward to other chapters.

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Sounds like it doesn't get any better...well maybe a few more coins....but good friends, wine, new hobbie, .26 cents and fresh air.....got to love life. Congrats on it all.

Ken

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers!!

Sounds like a great day!

;)

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great!! Good Luck!! HH!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's all good....26 cent's or 26 million dollars.Nice find.How do you like the ACE?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread