FIRST HUNT - FIRST SILVER

kkbroker

Oct 2, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I finally hit the dirt. I started in my own yard which after about a week, I can honestly say, there isn't a lot of trash left in it and I'm getting pretty gold at fixing my divots. I nearly filled a 2 gallon pail can with nails, roof staples and rusty stuff and junk.

BUT once I figured out what to listen for...the first coin I dug was this 1947 Walking Liberty. I almost gave up on it cause I found an old hot wheel car but my pinpointer kept buzzing. I eventually found the '66 Washington Quarter, 99 Dime, the Round thing with the Square hole and the Shell Ohio State token in that order. My house is 115 years old and I have a picture from the 30's showing a big swing hanging from a tree that is no longer there.

I am going to tear up my yard for a while longer then venture to a few spots that I have been eyeballing..

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    437.4 KB · Views: 95
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    597.1 KB · Views: 88
  • photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    146 KB · Views: 88
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 76
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    297.6 KB · Views: 97
OP
OP
kkbroker

kkbroker

Oct 2, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now if someone could tell me how to post this in Michigan Finds that would be awesome. I keep gettin a message that says: "Invalid Forum Specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the Administrator." which i did but have not received a reply.

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting Ohio token (?) and a beautiful Walking Liberty Half! I agree w/ relevantchair that all your coins are in very good shape, keep looking and Good Hunting. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread