monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get to hunt artifacts like I use to, but I went today. I had just drove in from Hobbs Nm., I got in at 1am and grab a few hours of much needed sleep. On one of my hunting lease's they have been cutting some timber and we got a flood last night so I had to give it a try. So I put on my orange vest so no fool would shot me and all I can say is it was worth it. 002.JPG 001.JPG I did carry my rifle just in case I saw a deer that I might want , but it's hard to see deer when you got your eyes on the ground.

Upvote 0

chase2

May 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a nice three pointer. That is a worth while trip for sure.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn boss hell yeah those are killer pieces NOTWORTHY!!!!!!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good hunt nice 1st of the year finds.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great! Judging from the quality of those points would make me think that that timbered area has never been plowed. Glad you were able to get out!

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not just three, but three killers! Super results for the first time out in awhile. Congrats.

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great! Judging from the quality of those points would make me think that that timbered area has never been plowed. Glad you were able to get out!

ptsofnc you are right on that the land was never farmed, it lies on the edge of the bluffs above the Ms. river. There is a 200ft rise from the flat lands to the top of the bluffs, all the flat lands were used for farming.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did carry my rifle just in case I saw a deer that I might want , but it's hard to see deer when you got your eyes on the ground.

that makes me laugh, it is so true too. Not long ago I was out on the coast doing the eyes on the ground thing..I was so intent on hunting rocks that I didn't even see the herd of about 50 elk until they jumped out in front of me and trotted by single file...i nearly pissed myself.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a long while since I brought home three killers in one outing. You did good with those.

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
You had an awesome hunt. Thanks for sharing them with us and good luck on future hunts.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did carry my rifle just in case I saw a deer that I might want , but it's hard to see deer when you got your eyes on the ground.

that makes me laugh, it is so true too. Not long ago I was out on the coast doing the eyes on the ground thing..I was so intent on hunting rocks that I didn't even see the herd of about 50 elk until they jumped out in front of me and trotted by single file...i nearly pissed myself.
Very funny! I have hunted elk since I was 12 years old. I don't always hunt them, sometime I like to just go out to "see" them! To me they are one of the most beautiful animals here where I live! I find it interesting that it sounds like you got pretty close to them before you noticed them. I'm willing to bet they were checking you out by letting you get that close. The reason I find this interesting is, elk consider us predators,(really what we are..) because our eyes are in front of our heads, rather than on the sides. I'm willing to bet that because your eyes were downcast, they were not sure whether or not you were a predator, and allowed you to get so close to them. I know this, because I have done this on purpose, after learning it from a native Blackfoot friend of mine, when he was teaching me a little about "counting coup"! He taught me how to approach an elk from the side, very slowly, with my eyes downcast, NEVER looking directly at them. I still have not been able to touch one yet, but I have gotten within 10 feet of one. I will tell you it is NOT an easy feat!!!!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very funny! I have hunted elk since I was 12 years old. I don't always hunt them, sometime I like to just go out to "see" them! To me they are one of the most beautiful animals here where I live! I find it interesting that it sounds like you got pretty close to them before you noticed them. I'm willing to bet they were checking you out by letting you get that close. The reason I find this interesting is, elk consider us predators,(really what we are..) because our eyes are in front of our heads, rather than on the sides. I'm willing to bet that because your eyes were downcast, they were not sure whether or not you were a predator, and allowed you to get so close to them. I know this, because I have done this on purpose, after learning it from a native Blackfoot friend of mine, when he was teaching me a little about "counting coup"! He taught me how to approach an elk from the side, very slowly, with my eyes downcast, NEVER looking directly at them. I still have not been able to touch one yet, but I have gotten within 10 feet of one. I will tell you it is NOT an easy feat!!!!
the
it's easy when you aint trying to...trust me, like I said, nearly wet myself. they were a bunch of cows and calfs too and some spikes as i seem to remember.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread