First hunt in a while, scored a few keepers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a long break from detecting in the last couple of months, got back into looking for arrowheads. Having a blast and finding a lot of points. I went back to one of my favorite field sites and worked the iron slow with my Technetics T2. Starting to get the hang of it and pulled some keepers. 1858 Canadian half dime, 1868 Shield Nickle, 1876 IHP in great shape and a local store card, 1863. Also looks like a shot 3 ringer, I have found another one on this site before, and some miscellaneous. Thanks for looking!

104_5157.jpg

104_5151.jpg

Upvote 6

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety of coins. Congrats!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs! That IH and civil war token are sweet!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting mix. Can I ask a dumb question? I've never had much luck finding points. Is it just a matter of walking along and looking down? Or is there a lot more to finding them?

Thanks!
HH!

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting mix. Can I ask a dumb question? I've never had much luck finding points. Is it just a matter of walking along and looking down? Or is there a lot more to finding them?

Thanks!
HH!
Points can be found randomly in a lot of places but if you want to raise your odds, there are certain things to look for. Spend most of your time looking near streams, rivers and lakes if the fields get close to the water. Look for elevated spots near the water, sandy soil is always a plus. Learn what heat-fractured rock looks like which is broken rock from their firepits. Once you see that, slow down and look at everything.

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just love those old coins,congrats!
HH

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lovely smorgasbord of old coins WH. :notworthy: :hello2: Glad you are liking the new T2.

HH

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Points can be found randomly in a lot of places but if you want to raise your odds, there are certain things to look for. Spend most of your time looking near streams, rivers and lakes if the fields get close to the water. Look for elevated spots near the water, sandy soil is always a plus. Learn what heat-fractured rock looks like which is broken rock from their firepits. Once you see that, slow down and look at everything.

Thank you kind sir. I'll try that next time I look.

Good information!

HH!

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME finds!!!!
Congrats!!

Joe

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds - hey Wallhanger If you don't mind - what were your settings on your T2 for this hunt? Also, what did those old coins show up as on the screen? Just getting the hang of working this T2 - found some Civil War stuff so far (bullets and buttons) - would appreciate any info you could throw my way. No old coins yet.

Last edited:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exellent coin finds.:headbang:

OP
OP
Wallhangers

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds - hey Wallhanger If you don't mind - what were your settings on your T2 for this hunt? Also, what did those old coins show up as on the screen? Just getting the hang of working this T2 - found some Civil War stuff so far (bullets and buttons) - would appreciate any info you could throw my way. No old coins yet.
Sensitivity=99, Disc=0, Tones=2+. Dig all consistent signals. Definitely air test different targets so you get the hang of it. The old coins will come!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread