First hunt of 2010 gives up a rarity dig

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow 2010 already, 2009 was great year and I was Stoked to go out with Tom76 to start our new season. we headed to some new spots that might have some oldies, started off quick with some clad... here we again.... Then decided to hit another few areas, we found an old lot that seemed to good to be true we jumped out, looked for my digger and oh no!! I left it at the other spot 30 miles away, what do we do ? go back and get it or find an alternate? you bet , we found an Ace Hard ware store nearby and Picked up a new one... Thanks Tom76. Tom found an old Pocket watch and I was just digging junk. After a while we hit another spot that that had a house that had burned down, Tom found a old foreign coin, which I think he is still trying to clean and Identify, I found my first 58 Wheatie of the new year, then I pull this big chunk of heavy mud baked metal from the earth and wondered what the heck is this? At first I thought is was to heavy to be a Hood Ornament, but it was! Thanks Diggin the past for the id. It Turned out to be a Hood Ornament from a 1934-1937 Hupmobile, I think I might get it re chromed and use it as a paperweight, well see. no Silver but I will be happy just to have the Freedom to go out and enjoy this great Hobby good to luck all in 2010!

Attachments

• 1936_Hupmobile_618_G_Frank_Wenzel.jpg
    1936_Hupmobile_618_G_Frank_Wenzel.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,030
  • Various_Ophan_28-40_Hood_ornament_1[1].jpg
    Various_Ophan_28-40_Hood_ornament_1[1].jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,038
  • Hood Ornament[1].JPG
    Hood Ornament[1].JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,028
Upvote 0

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
That is so cool!! Yes, get it rechromed! Hope you get some silver soon...it's definitely there in Washington, just harder to find. I did pretty good last year in WA with a total of 28 silver coins to wrap up 2009.

Ray

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Once I got past the blonde I successfully located the dug artifact.....nice (to both)

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very great find. I like the looks of the older cars. Would love to find some hood ornament or even the lettering off some.
:icon_sunny: HH in 2010 :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread