FIRST HUNT OF 2011

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Me and sniffy decided enough is enough.being cooped up all winter has taken it's toll on us! so we knew it was a gamble to even attempt going but,we did.
about a foot and a half still in the woods :'( we swung around some trees where you can start to see the ground.not much was found but felt good to try and swing.got a drawer pull made of brass and wondering if this other brass item is some type of military item or sword loop? or is this a horse related item:dontknow: :icon_scratch: this is a colonial site and a few coppers were dug here already in the past.

Attachments

• 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 005 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 005 [].jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 739
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 010 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 010 [].jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 738
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 008 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 008 [].jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 737
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 007 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 007 [].jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 728
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 006 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 006 [].jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 742
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 004 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 004 [].jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 734
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 003 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 003 [].jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 737
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 002 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 002 [].jpg
    45 KB · Views: 753
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 011 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 011 [].jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 729
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 012 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 012 [].jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 731
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 014 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 014 [].jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 726
  • 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 015 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 015 [].jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 726
Upvote 0
OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
last picture

Attachments

• 2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 013 [].jpg
    2011 FIRST HUNT OF THE YEAR 013 [].jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 716
U

umrgolf

glad to see you got out :headbang: I've seen a couple guys go out in the snow with big push brooms.. one guy pushes snow out of the way while the other detects and they just keep switching it up until they have a big area to hunt :thumbsup: the loop item is a reins guide.. seen them mislabeled as sword hangers before

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
umrgolf said:
glad to see you got out :headbang: I've seen a couple guys go out in the snow with big push brooms.. one guy pushes snow out of the way while the other detects and they just keep switching it up until they have a big area to hunt :thumbsup: the loop item is a reins guide.. seen them mislabeled as sword hangers before
i've dug wagon reign guides before and have threaded ends.this is different then those. different application for this type then i'm assuming?
are you sure thats what this is? not doubting your knowledge of finds but I never dug one like this before

U

umrgolf

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
umrgolf said:
i've dug wagon reign guides before and have threaded ends.this is different then those. different application for this type then i'm assuming?
are you sure thats what this is? not doubting your knowledge of finds but I never dug one like this before

check out this thread, most say reins guide but it appears creskol has the correct (or more specific) id of "gag swivel".. after he id's it he adds a picture and the gag swivel is highlighted in red, just enlarge the pic you'll see.

http://www.mytreasurespot.com/main/read.php?3,377929,378023

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
For the amount of snow you had to contend with, you did an incredible job! Very nice finds! :headbang:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and Sniffy got the bug worse than me ! :laughing9: And I didn't think that was possible ! :laughing9: Still you made some finds and the rein's guide will display Nice ! We just got more snow again today ! At least 2 feet in the woods here right now ! MaineRelic

rocko dogg

Dec 22, 2008
marion nc
Detector(s) used
6000di pro sl and xlt
thats hard core i hunted today it was 73 in western nc it was tough but it had to be done

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are ate up with it, just like the rest of us.
Glad you were able to get out.

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
That looped item almost looks like some of the wood stove lid handles I've seen, just a but smaller......

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
umrgolf said:
HEAVYMETALNUT said:
umrgolf said:

check out this thread, most say reins guide but it appears creskol has the correct (or more specific) id of "gag swivel".. after he id's it he adds a picture and the gag swivel is highlighted in red, just enlarge the pic you'll see.

http://www.mytreasurespot.com/main/read.php?3,377929,378023
yup could be that! thanks!

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, thats dedication. :o

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
in the 50's monday and rain.hopefully will knock more snow down! we had like 3 1/2 feet in the woods last month

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
ok dave you stepped up and went for it! i havent gone yet for the same reasons and now i have too. i think i have less snow than you. im a gonna go some time this week. goodluck to you and wish me the same. willy

foundation hunter

Jun 2, 2009
Terryville
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
I told you,you should have brought along your blowtorch,i glad you got out there you were getting a terrible fever.
Gary

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o I am getting concerned about you two . Hopefully the snow will melt soon !! :dontknow:

OP
OP
HEAVYMETALNUT

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CMDiamonddawg said:
:o I am getting concerned about you two . Hopefully the snow will melt soon !! :dontknow:

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread