First hunt of 2016 results

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, hope you had a great festive period.

I managed to get out metal detecting on my first trip of 2016, I went to my usual pasture permission using the XP adx250 in my usual settings of near full sensitivity, D2 with discrimination set fully anti clockwise.

The weather was pretty dismal with a driving wind and slight rain but it did not deter me.

I didn't make that many finds but when do I ever lol! I did get another cap badge though and some coins and quite possibly my best ever button. The button is a gilded Humber pilot service button, so a very local button for me :)

I will post the link to the hunt video below and will stick you all some photos on as well.

happy new year all.

dscn0095.jpg
dscn0096.jpg
dscn0099.jpg

Upvote 8

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put the button in lemon juice for 2 minutes at a time, rub softly with nail brush under running water, repeat until happy, remember to wash with water at the end. It will come up nice. Good chance that is an early button, the cleaning will help the reading of the backmark, & make the gold look new. I guess your now starting to like buttons, right?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice results and that's a great looking button, and should come up looking great. What's the hat badge of, can't make it out but the design looks familiar.
Here's one I dug a couple of seasons ago that looks pretty close.
P1000310.JPG

Last edited:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great button Bainsey. I always enjoy watching your hunts and this is no exception. Thanks for sharing and making the video for our entertainment. Congrats on the nice button and hat pin

Steve

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers everyone, yep I'm starting to like buttons now haha, this one is a beauty. I have found an exact match on a database which dates it between 18th and 19th century

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
On the Mojave Desert near Mojave.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Cold and heck here too.

Desert Don

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers for the comment don :)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers everyone, yep I'm starting to like buttons now haha, this one is a beauty. I have found an exact match on a database which dates it between 18th and 19th century
Match of the front or the backmark?

I guessed with no reverse picture 19th C, but if 18th C that would make it highly collectable.

OP
OP
B

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry crusader I will get the back of it cleaned tonight when I get in from work, I only matched the front of it. I will put a photo up later on :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions