First hunt of 2017; couple cool tokens and some wheats.

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all,

Got my first hunt in for 2017; it even snowed a good bit here in Birmingham last night but after the nonstop rain last weekend I needed to get out. Only got in an hour but found 3 wheat pennies (44, 47, 53), two tokens, one a Raymon car wash token that's aluminum over zinc and corroding badly and another really neat aluminum token that has Ann Lover Robert on the front with an American flag and Good Luck on the back with a four leaf clover. I think it's got some age on it too, maybe 1950s. I was actually disappointed with two of the wheats, they were so close in the same hole at 5 inches reading +86-87 that I thought for sure silver dime. The cap gun is really neat and also very tiny, the hammer pulls pack still, says Snudnose on the side and Hong Kong, don't think it's all that old. Hope you're all having a good start to 2017!

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

Upvote 11
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Your token was made by a Standard Metal typer. They were in amusement parks from the late 1930's - 1985. You can buy them still on Fee-Bay and antique amusement park shops.

The older ones from the 30's and 40's didn't have the flag if I remember right. All my information and my samples are at home.

Standard Metal Typers, Standard-Harvard Metal Typers and Tokens

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
fyi - here's a pic of one of the Harvard Metal Typer machines used to make those pieces. Other makers used similar machines on the same concept.
John in the Great 208 Harvard Metal Typer.jpg

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Ann made a wee spelling error...; "lover" should have been "loves". S and R are right next to each other. Oops.

I have one of these, but mine has an extremely dirty message on it. It is one of my favorite finds, but not suitable for TNet.

Well done sir!

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 24 of those tokens today - inside of a machine I bought! I hope to get it working and crank out a few of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions