creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First hunt of march! A Un-Reale find!! 8 that is!

I just got back from vacation to almost all the snow gone . The next couple of days are supposed to be real crappy and cold so I figured my last day,I'd go out. I hit the same area as a few weeks ago. Either I know what I'm doing now or I just sucked before . Anyway I spent 2 hours and gridded a 10 X 4 area. Everyone of these hits were mixed in with iron and sounded bad until I moved the dirt. The first 2 hits were both thimbles in good shape! I've never dug 2 before so right there ,I was a happy camper. The next hit I had a semi- heart attack because I saw gold in the hole. It was a gold Gilt button that still had leather attached!!View attachment 1557661View attachment 1557662View attachment 1557663. The next hit was a beautiful pewter spoon handleView attachment 1557664View attachment 1557665I'm going to have to search this area real hard,I want to find the rest! Last hit was the killer! I had all sorts of metal around it and I'm lucky I didn't give up but here it is,from 9 inches deep,boys and girls- A 1795 8 Reale .Under my loupe ,I can see the mark of Bolivia. I decided time to go �� IMG_20180301_133820064_crop_624x624.jpgIMG_20180301_133852911_crop_624x624.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 59
Forgot a picIMG_20180301_133749893_crop_911x769.jpg

SWEEEET!!!!!! Great Hunt.. Congrats

and I am hoping to find anything 1800ish, totally un-reale for sure! congrats. hey, if I ever find a reale, it will be a full blown banner thing in my book even if no one else thinks so!

Absolutely awesome! 😱 Super looking piece!

Holy crap dude!!!! An 8 Reale is at the top of my bucket list!!!! Even at 9 inches that probably was a very loud signal.

What do you think we are gonna get for weather tomorrow and Saturday. I hoped that I would get out on Saturday, but heard that there might even be snow!

Sweet 8-Reale, congratulations! :occasion14:

I don’t know the town you’re in but I think pretty much the whole state is rain except for the monadnock region,that looks like 2-4. I’m in allenstown between concord/Manchester and it’s calling for all rain but 40s and windy until mid Saturday.

Sure is a Potosi (Bolivia today) mint mark. Great save!!
potosi_mint_mark.jpg

Don......
thanks!

and I am hoping to find anything 1800ish, totally un-reale for sure! congrats. hey, if I ever find a reale, it will be a full blown banner thing in my book even if no one else thinks so!
it could happen,even out there. They used those for a long time. Thanks!

I've never found Spanish Silver in 40-years of detecting. CONGRATULATIONS! :hello2::headbang::notworthy:

That's a big beautiful silver congrats!

Great looking piece of BIG silver!!!!! :icon_thumright:

Monumental find. It looks to be in great condition. Top shelf find and top of most bucket lists. Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back