Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are experiencing some warm weather here in MI this year. I went yesterday to a park that has some woods. In there the leaves are deep so the ground was not froze. Got the first coin of the year in there a 2012 penny. Also got the jack knife in the woods. I ventured out at one end near a ball diamond and found that the ground was soft enough to dig! WOOO HOOO!!!! 2nd coin of the season was a $1.00 president coin. Then picked up 4 wheats, 4 more clad coins a silver plated spoon, key, and a pipe. Was glad to get out, might try again before it get's cold again.

Attachments

• DSC06901.JPG
    DSC06901.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 119

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrates on your finds. It just rained here in Iowa and alot of snow is gone, I may go out and see what I can find too.

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried getting out the other day but the ground was still way to frozen didn't think to try some leaf covered areas looks like i'll be hitting the woods tommorow! i've been dying to get out since my wife got me a lesche and pro pointer for christmas. Nice work making it happen!

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was a kid, I had a jack knife that looked alot like that one, except I dont remember it having a shield. Not sure what ever happened to it.
I'll be out this Sat - weatherman says 50's. Best of luck to all as the temps are supposed to plumit back down to normal.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, Mike. Congrats on the $1 coin. Glad you got out. :thumbsup:

HH

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice early year digs Mike!! Congrats on the Wheaties and pocket knife. Interesting design on that silver plated spoon too. WTG :thumbsup:

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Any kind of find this time of year up in the land of frozen ground is a bonus add to that some nice items like that and your off to a good start.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds Mike, must be nice to get out there! I think that is FFD's pipe ;)

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bucknbrenda

Feb 17, 2013
ROSE CITY, MI
Detector(s) used
PERISCOPE and
GARRETT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! I'm in norhtern Michigan and still under at least 8 inches of snow. Looking forward to the hunt soon though.

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Hunting Mike, I too like the jack knife...looks to be in pretty good condition too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread