First hunt with a Whites classic sl ???. Silver dime !!!

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got this whites classic sl for 70 $ i go to try it out before i bought it . to a spot i have hunted before. the first thin i dig up is a 1941 wheat penny :laughing7: .I take it out on the first hunt and 5 penny's later mercury dime :occasion18:. it gos deeper then my harbor freight MD. but is there something i can do to make it discriminate better ? I cant discriminate the can tabs bottle tops or zinc penny's ???

081712090551.jpg 081712090636.jpg 081712090349.jpg 081712091220.jpg

Attachments

• 1345209145746.jpg
    1345209145746.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:
Upvote 0

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hunt,, and silver,, maybe some one on here know more about your dirt fisher to help with it , but i say you got a good deal happy huntinn

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion18:there is 3 pots on the inside of the box . one of the pots allows you to adjust the discriminate . now i can discriminate the can tabs bottle tops or zinc penny's.:headbang: but if i go that fare it also cuts off nicks gold and Indian head penny's . but thats how it is i guess. im liking this md the more i play with it. and to get a 1941 wheat penny and a 1940 silver dime the first time i take it out is just awesome . wish there was more info on this md. where is all the mod info ???

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a SL Classic. If you look at my posts, you can see I do plenty of finding. I started out using the discrimination as much as possible. After seeing my finds drop, I lowered the settings and continue to make great finds on previously hunted ground. So to summary my experience with this machine. Use the Coin Setting in a trashy area, work the Ring Setting to maximize your finds. I wouldn't modify the settings on the pots inside at all. Other than not being about to know the depth of a hit, I have no problem with the performance of this very inexpensive machine. Good deal at $70.00 (I'll give you $80.00 :-) )

MG

OP
OP
silversurfer1111

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I marked the pots on there factory settings so i can set it back to factory . i still can set the discriminate low enough so i can pic up nails. and high enough so i can discriminate pull tabs bottle tops or zinc penny's . but i will take your advice and dig the trash . it payed off today . thank you :icon_thumleft:

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had really good luck pulling trash, which resulted in more RINGS. :-) My Wife loves rings.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Good job.

I'd say that if you're finding stuff like this, leave well nuff alone!

HH!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you should be able to go to White's website and download a copy of the owners manual

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Silver dimes are always a nice find.

HH,
Anita

gypsybandit

Feb 4, 2011
Tenn
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I have a DFX .. but I enjoy my old white's I got back in the late 70's .. work's on a 9 volt and I have found more stuff than The trash man. Perhaps I should sell the DFX. i know somebody will want it . great times ..good finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread