First hunt with garrett ace 250

jailbirdjackson

May 5, 2016
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was my first hunt after purchasing a garrett ace 250. A few weeks ago I hunted with a rental unit. Searched a nearby school, found 3 clad coins and an old pull tab. The date on the quarter is 1969. One of the pennies is from 1970. I'll be back to that school again soon.

Attachments

• 1465183679021.jpg
    1465183679021.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 12

silver john

Apr 17, 2016
Troy, New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with NEL Storm coil Garrett ATmax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Something is always better than nothing! Congrats on the finds with your new detector!

OP
OP
J

jailbirdjackson

May 5, 2016
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I'm still adjusting to how much junk is in the ground in my chicago neighborhood. Still figuring out the discrimination and sensitivity.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep hitting it, the good stuff is there too. You are off to a good start.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds - the ACE 250's are great machines & have found a lot of treasures and I wish you many great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
COINS AN CAN SLAW EARRING , PRICELESS , WELCOME NEW MEMBER .

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a few tricks: on high tone targets raise the coil to 6-8 from ground, if target is still strong it's a can. run sens. at 2 bars down. a dime will have a smaller footprint than a penny as you move coil away from target. a bounce from high to nickel range can be multiple coins like qtr nickel and penny. learn the 250 in jewelry mode and practice testing a copper vs a Zincoln. set up a test garden with a variety of items to see how brass, lead and sizes react . gold & nickels will be near identical so dig all nic hits & you will have lots of pulltabs & slaw, but we all dig crap. the 250 served me well for 3 seasons with major finds as deep as a foot for coins. PRACTICE !!
Today was my first hunt after purchasing a garrett ace 250. A few weeks ago I hunted with a rental unit. Searched a nearby school, found 3 clad coins and an old pull tab. The date on the quarter is 1969. One of the pennies is from 1970. I'll be back to that school again soon.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new 250, and good luck with you future hunts!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey it looks like many of our 1st hunts. We all had to start somewhere. The more you swing the coil the more you will find. The more time you put into your detector, the more you will understand what it's telling you. If you are as avid a detector as I was when I started, you'll have recouped your investment in the clad and other cool things you recover by the end of summer. Congrats on pulling those 3 keepers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread