First hunt with mxt pro.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a chance to take the pro out today for an hour or so to one of my trash infested sites with mineralized soil and i have to say i am very impressed by the performance of this machine.The field was planted so i was only able to hunt the edge of it.I never found any coins,only junk but i had a nice time.I still have aways to go in learning the pro.It really did a good job in the mineralized soil.It is heavier than my t2 and that is all i have in complaints so far.I will be takeing it out again later today.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a Minelab Pro Swing 45 to that the weight off your arm. Pro Swing 45.PNG Order it from Big Boys Hobbies.:thumbsup:

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using the 950 coil? 6x10 coil will make it easier to swing, or the newer 9" spider coil due to the mounting spot on those two coils.

OP
OP
Digzit2

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using the 950 coil? 6x10 coil will make it easier to swing, or the newer 9" spider coil due to the mounting spot on those two coils.

What would be a good coil for trashy sites to get?

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...for me personally I like my 6x8 sef because varying amounts of trash from one step to the next. But the 5.3 is outstanding if you are embedded in trash especially those bottle caps. I'm sure alot of folks use it as their all around coil and do well with it, just my opinion of course.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions