First hunt with the AT Pro

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently purchased an AT Pro from another member here and finally had the time to get out and give it a go. I figured I'd hunt my mom's backyard to start. She lives in a pre-civil war aged house that used to be a schoolhouse, then a railroad stationhouse, then finally a home. So it's seen quite a bit of history. I've picked over the yard in the past with my ace 250 but only ever found clad...there's just too much iron all around to get at anything deep. Well with the AT I've been able to isolate some of the better sounding signals. I managed to pull 1 clad dime and 6 lincolns, plus my first ever button. Also found a mason jar lid with the intact porcelain top in a quick 1 hour hunt.

Literally every step was an iron signal and even the good signals were broken, that's how much junk there is. I'm gonna take my time and dig everything, I know there's some silver there someplace!

Attachments

• 1459354340486.jpg
    1459354340486.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 6

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great! Run that ATPro "Hot", i.e., All pro mode, iron discrimination at 40, full sensitivity, and a good ground balance. It burns through the batteries, BUT it sure brings home the goods with mine! Sub 8-)

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! With easy access to a yard with that much history, you can bet your butt I'd be digging out every piece of iron to get to the goodies. That yard would be silent when I was through with it!

OP
OP
Jack_MIghtyheart

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Great! Run that ATPro "Hot", i.e., All pro mode, iron discrimination at 40, full sensitivity, and a good ground balance. It burns through the batteries, BUT it sure brings home the goods with mine! Sub 8-)

That's exactly how I was running it. I'm probably gonna dig a bunch of the iron anyway just to get it out of the way and learn the machine better. Pro mode is awesome, big step up from the 250.

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the military button! Really like my atpro, Hope you find a lot of treasures with yours!

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the goodies and on a nice area to hunt, never had the AT but on my tesoro I might try all metals and go as deep as possible.

Channon

Feb 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put iron audio on and run it low and slow. My uncle's house was built in 1778 and it is littered with iron. Not having the iron audio on causes it to also block good signals when it's not sounding the iron. It's very annoying but I've found good targets in spots I've hunted heavily. I just started doing it this spring and last week I found two IH in the same hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread