First hunt with the E-TRAC

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my E-TRAC in on Tuesday (Thanks again Tedyoh!), but wasn't able to take it out until today. After work I took it to a spot close to my house that I've hit with the F75 and Tejon already. I didn't find a ton, but I'm happy to say that I got silver on my maiden voyage with the E-TRAC! So anyway, here are my finds, a silver plated spoon, 3 quarters, 5 pennies, a 1942 Wheat and a 1943d Mercury.

20160218 ETRAC first hunt.jpg

Upvote 18

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You certainly are building an arsenal. Congrats on pulling a Merc on the E Trac's inaugural hunt. :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Im thinking of going E Trac

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going for a first time out with a new machine, I got a silver Shilling the first time I took my etrac out,they are silver slayers!

Joe Pani

Feb 18, 2016
New York
Detector(s) used
Surfmaster Amphibian II and garretts 350
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow Congrats. How do you make a decision on which Machine to Use. An emberessment

OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
You certainly are building an arsenal. Congrats on pulling a Merc on the E Trac's inaugural hunt. :occasion14:
Thanks. Yes, I call myself a detector collector now (and so does my wife :laughing7: ).

Yep, bet the E-trac screamed at ya when you hit that Mercury.
Congrats
Indeed it did scream at me. I really had no doubt it was a silver before I dug just from watching some youtube videos on the E-TRAC.

Wow Congrats. How do you make a decision on which Machine to Use. An emberessment
I use the CZ20 in water. I use the F44 if its raining, has recently rained, and sometimes in parks where I lose nothing from the F75. I use the Tejon in cleaner fields and to go behind the F75 at times. I use the F75 as my main machine. Going forward, I will use the F75 to hit bigger permissions for the first time, and the E-TRAC to hit smaller permissions and to break down bigger permissions on return trips. For common places that I hit a lot, I just take whichever detector tickles my fancy at the time. The decision will become harder as my detector collection grows. :blackbeard:

Oh yeah, forgot the GoFind 60. I keep this guy in my car so that I'm never without a detector. I bought it so that if I saw a spot I wanted to scan, but couldn't make it back to the house, I would be able to swing. However, it's turned more into the detector I use when I notice a park empty at lunch or on my way home from work.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's an obsession!!! It's an obsession!!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done CC! Congrats on the new machine. Best of luck to you.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sweet warble of silver sounds so good on the Etrac! Congrats

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my E-TRAC in on Tuesday (Thanks again Tedyoh!), but wasn't able to take it out until today. After work I took it to a spot close to my house that I've hit with the F75 and Tejon already. I didn't find a ton, but I'm happy to say that I got silver on my maiden voyage with the E-TRAC! So anyway, here are my finds, a silver plated spoon, 3 quarters, 5 pennies, a 1942 Wheat and a 1943d Mercury.

Well you did a LOT better than I did the first time out with it, I managed one square nail!

Glad to see it's working out for you! Good Luck with it!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silver finds!

Kingrich

Dec 5, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Makro racer2
Garrett ATpro
FisherF2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Etrac is an amazing machine, it's awesome at finding the goodies once you understand it! GL & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread