First hunt with the Minelab Etrac! Several firsts for 2017.

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all,

Bought a very gently used Minelab Etrac with 2 years warranty left with all the stock items plus a Sunray X5 this last week and came in on Wednesday. Couldn't wait to take her out but didn't have time until today, went to a park by my house that I know has been hunted to death so I hunted the trails through the woods. Spent 3 hrs and got a couple of keepers, first good coin was the 1895 V nickel which was a pleasant surprise as I didn't know the park had coins that old. Next was the 1947 dime and lastly coin wise I found the 1951 wheatie. I was using the sunray x5 the whole time, I don't think the stock coil would've worked well. Also, found $2.01 in clad including some deep coins with nails in the same hole, I think I'm going to like this detector a lot, I dug a lot of trash today but I didn't need to, just was trying to learn the machine! I was using Andy Sabisch's coin program. Unfortunately, I'll have to sell the G2+, I've got too many detectors. Here's the pics!! First silver coin and first old nickle for 2017!

IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0320.JPG

Upvote 5

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice V Nickel and Rosie - Glad the Etrac is working out for you! :icon_thumright:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and the V Nickel! I dug one last week but nowhere near as nice as yours! I see lots more great stuff in your detecting future...ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread