First Hunt

Gravitytester

Feb 29, 2016
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur I, Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going out on my first hunt tomorrow. Going to a church that has been around since the mid 1800's I am guessing. I have a map drawn by a CSA Engineer sometime during the civil war so know it dates back that far. It is still a active church but according to members, no one has ever had a metal detector out there. I am sure there is stuff in the ground but not sure if I have the skills to find it. LOL. I have agreed that anything I find, the church will have the option to keep it or to let me keep it. I am really looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Gravitytester

Gravitytester

Feb 29, 2016
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur I, Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first two hits were false alarms. I lost confidence and in me and my detector. I was worried I would dig a lot of holes in their property and not have anything to show for it. Fortunately I had started around some trees and was very careful to cut good plugs and put them back so you couldn't tell I had been there but I didn't want to venture out near the church where my digs might be more visible. I went back home and by doing research on the internet found out I had my detector set up wrong for me since I am a beginner. I am also having some battery issues that I am correcting today. So once I have more experience under my belt, I will go back out there and give it another shot.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Again,good luck,let us know what you find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions