First Hunts of 2011 - Silver & Gold!!!

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Hunts of 2011 - Silver & Gold!!!

This is my first post in ages. I haven't hunted since last Fall. After mulling it over, I decided to sell my Minelab Safari at the end of last hunting season. Minelab's are NOT for me ;) Yes, they're deep. But, they have a ridiculously slow recovery time, null out quite often & require one to hunt at a snail's pace. I am now swinging a Teknetics Omega 8000. It's one HOT machine. Lightning fast, sees "through" junk very well and LOVES coins and jewelry.

Made a video of my latest finds in 2011. I've only been out on three hunts so far, so, shaping up to be a good year. As you'll see, I've done a LOT of digging. I normally don't post the garbage I dig, however, wanted to show all of the folks that are newer to the hobby just how much work it takes to find the "good" stuff ;) When I was new to dirt fishing I'd see everyone's great finds and they made it look so easy. It's not. Lot of work involved. But pulling something we always wanted from the ground is what keeps us going. The thrill of the chase.

**I didn't video my clad since we all know what that looks like. I got a mess of clad aside from the garbage & the keepers in the video**

Upvote 0

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
Re: First Hunts of 2011 - Silver & Gold!!!

O.K. NOW I'll go up there to hunt. You cleaned out all the trash. But where are we going this weekend?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread