First IH with Explorer

May 12, 2010
Floyd, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE with Pro coil, Fisher CZ7a pro
I found this 1900 IH at a house I had searched once before. I have had my SE less than a week and I took it here. I searched for about an hour total today. I heard a high tone and it told me to dig, I don't remember exactly where it was in smartfind as there was iron close to it and would null and be hard to get a threshold tone, so I went by the high tone. Once again it has paid off, I find I will rely for the most part on my ears as to whether to dig or not..

Attachments

• IH_penny.jpg
    IH_penny.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 199

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch would say you did good. Rely on the ears is the best course and you will only get better as you learn the detectors better. :hello2:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The SE will treat you good. As Sandman said just listen to the tone And you will do just fine. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Iron Patch would say you did good. Rely on the ears is the best course and you will only get better as you learn the detectors better. :hello2:

I do agree and you'd be better off ignoring the screen right from the start. I have no doubt about that because I used to look at it and know how far I've come, and how useless and limited it is. It's never going to decide for you why why look at it at all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread