Greenie
Oct 10, 2015
Toronto
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone.

This is my first post here. I've just got into Metal Detecting and I wanted to join a community and this one looked awesome.

So I'm still just learning my machine, a Garrett AT Pro, which so far I love, but I'm sure I would love anything half decent at this point. The other day I came across my first piece of jewelry! it was the best feeling ever, seeing it sparkle. But then upon closer inspection I realized it was just a cheap metal chain. However, there is marked on the rusty clip, 18k3...which I have no idea what that means. I would know what 18k means...but not 18k3. Does anyone know what that means? In case it matters, the chain is not magnetic, but the clip is. Here is a pic.

I'm going out again tonight, I will post my finds every once in a while to show you guys. I would take a pic of my coins that I've already got but I cleaned them already and they don't quite look right. Anyway, any info is appreciated. Thanks and good luck!!!

necktreasure.JPG

Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't tell you anything about the chain, but its a good find. Welcome to the net and the addiction. Look forward to your post.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello:Mike...get it?

Welcome to Tnet.... good luck as your hunts continue....I'd take a "junk" chain any day...

OP
OP
W

WaveHiMike

Greenie
Oct 10, 2015
Toronto
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave! I get it! Lol

Ok so, today was a good day. I went to a park near me. I'm pretty sure it's been hunted before because there was not much in the sand where the swings are. Previously I had good luck in a different park in the sand area but I guess not this time. But I did stumble across a lot of pennies in one area but there were also a lot of beer bottle caps there so I gave up on that area and moved on. I have to look in to if there is a way to distinguish between bottle caps and coins.

So here's a pic of my finds for the day. I'm happy with that!

image.jpeg

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
18K3 often means 18K gold with 3 colors. Maybe the chain had baubles on it at one point. I recommend a scratch test on the chain to test for gold. :)

Cheers!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net! Nice score on that chain, even if it's just costume jewelry. Any jewelry find is a good find in my book. As far as bottle caps versus coins, I don't know the AT Pro so I can't help you with specifics. But, I do recall one members sig line: "You WILL dig trash". :) Comes with the territory. I use a Tesoro Cibola and have dubbed myself the Screw Cap King LOL. I seem to dig loads of 'em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions