First Jewelry Find

Ace^of^Spades

Jul 17, 2014
CT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if its real. Could not find any sterling silver mark. Maybe its white gold? Looks like 24 diamonds and 16 sapphires (some are missing). Anyone with an eye able to tell me if its real?

IMG_4405.JPG IMG_4396.jpg IMG_4397.jpg

Upvote 2

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The thrill of your first jewelry, especially with stones. I would say it is not real or silver. In your closeup picture you can see the base metal in the two smaller squares where the plating has been chipped off. The picture of the back on the lower right shows a missing chunk that no longer looks silver either. If you ever have questions about jewelry you should be able to take it to a local jewelry store and they should check it and let you know for free. That is what I do. I thought one ring I found had fake diamonds, not only did they tell me they were real, they even told me the quality and cleaned the ring for free. Cool looking earring though, real or not I like pulling jewelry.

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe if it were real the piece would be open behind each stone. I am sorry to say that I believe it to be costume jewelry But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Keep hunting. I'm sure you will have many great finds.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the "jewelers" club! Most of the jewelry I find is costume or kiddie, so don't be bummed by the ratio. Yours appears to be costume, but is a nice piece. Keep hitting that area where you found it. You will instantly know when you have a precious metal piece, they are usually marked here in the USA, and as mentioned before, real gemstones and diamonds are set with openings underneath to allow light to pass through them. Happy hunting, Sub 8-)

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find,,
I have often been excited by making a jewelry find. Junk or real,, the initial discovery is exciting.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ACE, NICE OLD COSTUME JEWELRY????

OP
OP
A