Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been pounding this property I recently got permission at that I wrote about here http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/559206-im-about-embark-hopefully-my-best-hunt-yet.html#post5591575

The finds have unfortunately been minimal but they are starting to pick up.

I went out again yesterday and as i was headed to the cellar hole, I ran into a fellow that was standing by it admiring it. He asked what I was looking for and I said anything old and metallic. He said he hikes these woods a lot and this particular cellar was one of his favorites. He then took off his backpack and pulled out a book that was published by a local surveyor, historian, and the first president of the historical society for my county.

Inside the book was short descriptions about every property owner in the area and a map my town and the surrounding towns with all of the property lines and home sites. He said hes been using this book and map for years and has found tons of cellar holes. He also pointed me in the direction of one near by I might be interested in looking at. I took a picture of his book cover and we chatted a little more before he walked off.

I spent about and hour hunting the first cellar then i decided to head to the one he mentioned. I found it about 10 minutes later and it was absolutely huge, with a lot of nice surrounding areas to hunt. My first decent signal was the shoe buckle tongue and part of the chape. I went looking for the rest of the buckle and found that chain thing. Im not sure what it is or what its made of but its old for sure.

Then I was going around the outside of the cellar and got a deep, fairly clear high tone in the high 70's with a little bit of 80/81.
I dug down and out popped a coin. I was able to identify it as a King George III before it dried out. This is my first King George of any variety.

I pulled the button and iron buckles not long after that. The sun was setting and it was starting to get cold so I headed for the car. I know the KG isnt much to look at now after drying out but maybe someone could identify the chain piece for me. Thanks

1130171136.jpg 1130171136a.jpg 1130171136b.jpg Screenshot_2017-11-30-11-39-39.png 1130171137.jpg 1130171137b.jpg

Upvote 11

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a bracelet to me, looks like copper or brass that might have been plated with something one time or just has heavy patina. could be watch chain as well

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I seem to remember a chain something like that on a military uniform. Maybe one of the hats???

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7b52e3ecdf0409b431dfa9df84be2bdd--war-of--napoleonic-wars.jpg

It does kind of look like this war of 1812 infantry hat chain?

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you're on a good spot there. Some decent age to your finds. Congrats on the KG. :occasion14:

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! You gotta get back there as soon as you can. Looks like it’s going to be good hunting for a long time. Good luck out there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread