First LC of 2014!

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I met up with a fellow T-net member and we hunted a site that contained two school sites. One dated to the 1870's other was early 1900's. Turns out both sites appeared to have been detected hard. Nothing but I some iron and bits of can slaw. Conditions were bad lots of mud and still some frozen ground out in the fields. Once its dries out a bit more we plan to go back. I did find a nice piece of Native American spear point or knife blade though. Here are my finds from that hunt. 005.JPG Then after words on my way home I stopped by a local field were I have had some luck in the past and found a 1847 LC first of the year! Not much but the LC and Indian point made it a great day. 002.JPG 004.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG

Upvote 2

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunts, Helix! It's good to see an LC that has a legible date. I'm not used to that, lol.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunts, Helix! It's good to see an LC that has a legible date. I'm not used to that, lol.

Yeah here in Northern Il. they seem to come out of the ground a bit better then the eastern states. :dontknow:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking LC! Here on the east coast we have so much rain and snow and lots of places that don't drain well. I think that why our LCs are usually UGLY. I've found five or six in my short career and most are really ugly. I need some silver this year

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what its worth I held my led flash light horizontal at table level towards the coin. It creates a shadow witch will pick up some detail.

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any day you dig a LC is a good day

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have went to the second site with you! Nice find.

Till next weekend..... Marvin I am curious as to what your detector picks up Vs. what im using? Yes and its a picked bean field so it won't be so muddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread