First Live Auction, and bonus Sunday find.

chinman

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My main dump bank (all branches) are open on Sunday's, and open tomorrow. I took some dump coins to a new branch for me today with my sons and were surprised when they had $190 in half rolls, and a box of nickels and dimes. Since we've never dumped at this one I went for it. 1 war nickel was found, and bicentennial S proof (copper I think) Kennedy.

OH, and she had 4 Ikes for me. I figure when I get a complete roll I'll sell them.

Then we drove to a live coin auction, our first. I was hoping things would go near or below melt, but they were not. Part of the problem was a silent bidder had placed bids on almost anything silver.

I did buy (and may have overpayed a bit) for an 1890 CC Morgan Dollar. $80. Red book value started at $125. It's now up for auction.

My 10 year old decided to get in a bidding war for an 1875 Indian Head, just because he liked it. He ended up winning, he was super excited, I told him he should have said "yuuupppp".

He then bid again on some wheat cents, to spend the rest of his money. It was a fun time, and I guess that's what matters, we'll see if I over paid or not.

Attachments

• 1890 morgan5.jpg
    1890 morgan5.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 480
  • 1890 morgan4.jpg
    1890 morgan4.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 475
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am by no means an expert on morgans, but you must be careful with the CC morgans, they are heavily faked, and are faked to the point that it is barely recognizeable to the naked eye as a fake. Put that baby up to a magnet and hope to god it does not stick to the magnet. If it is too good to be true, 95%(there are exceptions) of the time it is.

HH,
BuffaloBoy

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can get a set of postal scales,and also watch out for the trade dollars...buy a blue book for coins..it gives you a more realistic price guide

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread