First MD Wheat

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the last part of this afternoon digging in my yard. I found a brass water nozzle, some other junk and a WHEAT CENT, yes my first WHEAT. I think it is a 1941. I found the wheat cent in an area that I have always suspected was the old house that burned down (not sure what year) I have found burnt wood pieces there before. I also found the nail that is next to the wheat cents in the same hole. It looks different than the other nails I have found.

DSCF1679 (640x480).jpg

DSCF1680 (640x480).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 3

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Wheat Penny.
Let it soak in some olive oil for a week and then try to remove the crud with a wooden toothpick.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. Sounds like you have a great place to hunt, and you don't even need to leave home to do it.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey , I still get a kick out of finding a Wheat cent ! - I don't find them all that often either.

OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently started md, and mainly because I always wondered about this property, since only two owners before we bought. We have almost eight acres- property was owner by railroad until 1930's I think. Our house was built in the 1940's and added to in the 70's. The last people had 5 girls all rodeoers and they had tons of people here all the time. I figure someone had to loose something and where is the old dump site??? I visualize old bottles and silver.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions