First MD Wheat

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the last part of this afternoon digging in my yard. I found a brass water nozzle, some other junk and a WHEAT CENT, yes my first WHEAT. I think it is a 1941. I found the wheat cent in an area that I have always suspected was the old house that burned down (not sure what year) I have found burnt wood pieces there before. I also found the nail that is next to the wheat cents in the same hole. It looks different than the other nails I have found.

DSCF1679 (640x480).jpg

DSCF1680 (640x480).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 3
Congrats on your first Wheat Penny.
Let it soak in some olive oil for a week and then try to remove the crud with a wooden toothpick.

Nice. Sounds like you have a great place to hunt, and you don't even need to leave home to do it.

Hey , I still get a kick out of finding a Wheat cent ! - I don't find them all that often either.

I just recently started md, and mainly because I always wondered about this property, since only two owners before we bought. We have almost eight acres- property was owner by railroad until 1930's I think. Our house was built in the 1940's and added to in the 70's. The last people had 5 girls all rodeoers and they had tons of people here all the time. I figure someone had to loose something and where is the old dump site??? I visualize old bottles and silver.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back