First nice half score of the month with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I was working in Pigeon, MI Today, Tanner spent the day at he Wave Pool with his buddies. I was able to stop at 5 or 6 banks as I drove to work. One bank had $60 in halves in nice old wrappers. the other banks had gave up on roll and some random loose halves all SKUNKS (This month has been tough for halves. I have been to a lot of banks with not many customer rolled halves to be found. We have found some but not more than 1 or 2 at a time).

I peeked into 2 of the 6 rolls and could tell that they were going to be good ones so I saved them for Tanner.

This rolls contained 30 ~ 40% halves.

It is kind of funny how you start getting discouraged with a few meager finds and than BAM!!! a really nice find to pick your spirits up.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Attachments

• 100_4631.JPG
    100_4631.JPG
    413.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_4636.JPG
    100_4636.JPG
    384.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_4635.JPG
    100_4635.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_4638.JPG
    100_4638.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This hobby has its ups and downs, but the good finds like this one WAY outweigh the lows. Thats really cool that you saved the good rolls for your son to open - nice dad. Congrats!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, pigeon has been good to me in the past. I've gotten 32 40%'s at the Bayport State bank in town before. BTW, the bank in Elkton called me last week and told me they had some halves come in, but I couldn't get them (I have since moved from the area to Indiana). Did you happen to pick those up? Good luck, I sure do miss the place!

HH
-GC

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Nice find, your son's smile says it all. My son is working full time and doesn't live with us anymore but I am working on the collection I hope to leave to him one day. Nothing like having someone to enjoy your finds with and doing it together makes it a hundred times better than doing it alone. I wonder what the coins we are finding now will be worth when our sons are our ages and hopefully can get passed on to their kids. Good luck to both of you.

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score, bank in Elkton called me last week and told me they had some halves come in, but I couldn't get them (I have since moved from the area to Indiana). Did you happen to pick those up?
HH
-GC

Yes, these were from the bank in Elkton. I stopped a number of bank while driving Van Dyke on the way to Pigeon.

Dad and Tanner

jedi9

Jun 13, 2012
Oh man goldencoin. That really stinks that you missed out on that call but cool someone from here found them! At least you know what it was now!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you certainly deserve them and I'm glad to find out what was in them. Keep it up!

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread